No announcement yet.

High Score showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are correct it would be cheating. No exploits no editors for me.

Comment

Everybody should play v1.31 as its much better. Cheating to get a high score defeats the purpose of seeing how well you can do, so why bother. You guys have raised the bar so high that I doubt many will even try anymore.

Comment

The only reason I ever made a run was because I found a web site that had listed all the top ten runs. They were like 3800 to 7000 and I thought, dang I have done about that without any special attempts, so lets see what can be done. I got tips here and there and made a few runs. The last one wore me out and even though I know a few things that could bump it up, I have not had the heart to do it. Maybe in 5-6 months I will feel up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by bakalov
          Hm, this works only in the pre-patch version. Also you could change creative into uncreative ......
          I'm not sure which 1.31 you're using but it still works in my 1.31.

Comment

I doubt that very seriously. How could you remove a 10 point pick when you only get 4 for Mutation?
            Remember you need to keep all your minus picks.
            I don't think the version will impact that. 1.31 or 1.3 did fix some holes where you could change pick at the mutation, but not all. I do not remember off the top of my head which one.

Comment

In mine when I try to do this it pops a dialogue which says "Lithovore and Cybernetic are mutually exclusive."
              Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Yup.
                Anyway he was trying to use that as a boost to get a flying start in the High Score run, but turning it off at the Mutation in an attempt to raise the mulitpler.
                That is not going to work as Lith is 10 picks and you only have 4 extra from the Mutation.
                I tried this with taking only lith to start and no negatives. At mutation, I could not drop Lith.
                What you could do is to take your -10 and use 4 picks for something like Warlord or +1 prod or R. Then at mutation remove which ever one you took. I suspect that some form of this cold be done. Racial traits can not be changed. Things like LHW, RHW, AHW, Sub. Aqua, Creative, etc. I mean how can you undo them? Plus R/P/F should be fine and may spying or combat stuff.
                Those are applied each turn and are not intrinsic.

Comment

BTW if I select -10 picks at start and only 18 positive I can select subterranean when I get evolution.
                  I reinstalled Orion2 from CD and downloaded the patch again and it still works to switch from lithovore to cybernetik to nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Iasius
                    BTW if I select -10 picks at start and only 18 positive I can select subterranean when I get evolution.
                    I reinstalled Orion2 from CD and downloaded the patch again and it still works to switch from lithovore to cybernetik to nothing.
                    I do not know what game you have, but that is not possible.
                    Cyber is excluded from Lith, plain and simple at any time. You flat can not select both at once. The help for both says they are mutally exclusive. If you pick one the other is no longer bright, IOW non selectable. No matter how many picks you have.
                    Further you can not deselect Lith in the middle of the game at Mutation, regardless of how many picks you have. I had 20 picks and could not drop it.
                    Yes you can add Sub or Aqua or many others at mutation, if you have enough picks. This is allowed as that trait canbe applied at any point in the game. You can see that when you capture Sakkra and send one to your world. Boom you are not getting the Sub boost.

Comment

Did Moo2 come out with different language versions, and if so could that be the difference? My english language version acts just like vmxa1 describes.

Comment

I bought my version while I lived in the US so that's not the reason. I asked a friend of mine to test this on his (german) version of moo2 and he could change from lithovore to cybernetik, too.
                        I can't change from creative to uncreative though (maybe because in my test game I had -10 picks up to that point and only then switched some of those of to test it).

Comment

Iasius what is the date on your EXE and the size?
                          At start up time when you select the new game does it say 1.31 below that panel? I would suspect not.
                          I can not address other language version, but as you can imagine, changing racial traits in mid game should not be allowed. Fundamental things such as what you eat.

Comment

Orion95.exe
                            Date: Wednesday, 3/27/1997 2:11:00pm
                            Size: 1,564,160
                            It's definately 1.31...

Comment

Yup that seems right. Post a sav just before you get mutation. I have three CD's and none behave that way.

Comment

I will have to test this again, just another reason to play. Not that I need a reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X