X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iasius
    replied
    Originally posted by vmxa1
    Let me say I finally got was the method was that will do it. Maybe I miss read it or maybe it was written wrong. I thought they were saying they could have Lith and Cyber at the same time, no can do. Nor can you remove lith directly.
    What you can do is to start with Lith and have 10 picks left. At mutation time you can then select Cyber. This will remove Lith. You can then deselect Cyber.
    As I said before this is an exploit of a bug and hence I would not do it and not respect any accomplishments using it.
    Having said that I not trying to stop others, so don't bother to tell me that one can play anyway they want.
    Of course they can. It is just that using exploits, cheats or editors and then boasting about those exploits is not deserving of respect.
    Hey I once slapped in a future car in AoE and had a blast, once, I would not then start talking about how easy I beat the scenario. It would be weak.
    That is what I meant all along ...

Leave a comment:

• vmxa1
    replied
    Let me say I finally got was the method was that will do it. Maybe I miss read it or maybe it was written wrong. I thought they were saying they could have Lith and Cyber at the same time, no can do. Nor can you remove lith directly.
    What you can do is to start with Lith and have 10 picks left. At mutation time you can then select Cyber. This will remove Lith. You can then deselect Cyber.
    As I said before this is an exploit of a bug and hence I would not do it and not respect any accomplishments using it.
    Having said that I not trying to stop others, so don't bother to tell me that one can play anyway they want.
    Of course they can. It is just that using exploits, cheats or editors and then boasting about those exploits is not deserving of respect.
    Hey I once slapped in a future car in AoE and had a blast, once, I would not then start talking about how easy I beat the scenario. It would be weak.

Leave a comment:

• Kaptain Ken
    replied
    I did some limited testing last night and Iasius is right. On both large and huge and on hard and impossible you can switch from lith to cyber and then drop the cyber for minus 24 picks at the mutation. Started with 20 picks and took only lithovore for 200%, saved cheated the techs and next turn it worked. This was on v1.31 useing lowG, -Spy and -GC.

Leave a comment:

• Kaptain Ken
    replied
    Thanks for the short cuts guys. I got side tracked on a game over the weekend and didn't test, just as well as I can now do it quick and easy with the cheats.

Leave a comment:

• vmxa1
    replied
    I forgot about that as I have never used it, but that will do if it works as advertized.

Leave a comment:

• bakalov
    replied
    Or hold the ALT key and type "EINSTEIN" to get all techs ;-)

Leave a comment:

• vmxa1
    replied
    Kaptain you can test it in one turn. Crank out a race, use the editor to give yourself mutation and save. Next turn you get the test. No need to do anything.

Leave a comment:

• Kaptain Ken
    replied
    I will have to test this again, just another reason to play. Not that I need a reason.

Leave a comment:

• vmxa1
    replied
    Yup that seems right. Post a sav just before you get mutation. I have three CD's and none behave that way.

Leave a comment:

• Iasius
    replied
    Orion95.exe
    Date: Wednesday, 3/27/1997 2:11:00pm
    Size: 1,564,160
    It's definately 1.31...

Leave a comment:

• vmxa1
    replied
    Iasius what is the date on your EXE and the size?
    At start up time when you select the new game does it say 1.31 below that panel? I would suspect not.
    I can not address other language version, but as you can imagine, changing racial traits in mid game should not be allowed. Fundamental things such as what you eat.

Leave a comment:

• Iasius
    replied
    I bought my version while I lived in the US so that's not the reason. I asked a friend of mine to test this on his (german) version of moo2 and he could change from lithovore to cybernetik, too.
    I can't change from creative to uncreative though (maybe because in my test game I had -10 picks up to that point and only then switched some of those of to test it).

Leave a comment:

• Kaptain Ken
    replied
    Did Moo2 come out with different language versions, and if so could that be the difference? My english language version acts just like vmxa1 describes.

Leave a comment:

• vmxa1
    replied
    Originally posted by Iasius
    BTW if I select -10 picks at start and only 18 positive I can select subterranean when I get evolution.
    I reinstalled Orion2 from CD and downloaded the patch again and it still works to switch from lithovore to cybernetik to nothing.
    I do not know what game you have, but that is not possible.
    Cyber is excluded from Lith, plain and simple at any time. You flat can not select both at once. The help for both says they are mutally exclusive. If you pick one the other is no longer bright, IOW non selectable. No matter how many picks you have.
    Further you can not deselect Lith in the middle of the game at Mutation, regardless of how many picks you have. I had 20 picks and could not drop it.
    Yes you can add Sub or Aqua or many others at mutation, if you have enough picks. This is allowed as that trait canbe applied at any point in the game. You can see that when you capture Sakkra and send one to your world. Boom you are not getting the Sub boost.

Leave a comment:

• Iasius
    replied
    BTW if I select -10 picks at start and only 18 positive I can select subterranean when I get evolution.
    I reinstalled Orion2 from CD and downloaded the patch again and it still works to switch from lithovore to cybernetik to nothing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X