• Show
Clear All

• High Score showdown

So what's your highest score? I know you wanna show it off

Mine: 3395

Game Setup-
    Difficulty- Impossible
    Players- 6
    Galaxy Age- Organic Rich (personal pref)
    Galaxy Size- Huge
    Tech. Level- Average

My Race- Custom
    Aquatic, Telepathic, Creative
    Low-G, -10 Ground Combat, -10 Spying (Had 110% score)

I had fun. This game was when I found the 100 ship maximum in battles. Psilons got jipped because of that one.

Ok since you asked:

Race -6 Repulsive -2 Ship Attack -2 Ground Combat
    Huge universe (173 colonies)
    PreWarp tech Organic Rich Antaran On
    340% (24 picks left)
    Start 1 system, one planet

Time 499 turns 781 pts
    5385 pop 5385 pts (? not housed)
    6 players elim 300 pts
    tech 262 pts
    154 captured 154 pts
    antarian 250 pts
    100 orion 100 pts

score 7155*340 24327 pts

Comment

vmxa1,

You continue to amaze me, I can see that I have a long way to go. I failed badly in my all tech by t200 try, must pop boom better. Now have another difficult target.

Ken

Comment

Cranking up a high score is not hard at all.
        It comes down to having all the planets but one colonized. You have to leave one to continue the game.
        You need a huge map of course and the max players,
        Then use as few traits as you feel you can get away with, using only negative picks is best.
        Next try to conquer all the races, but one. This can be a real problem as some may be hard to reach. The first priority to to get to them. You may need to help some to keep them from get stomped. If you do not get all, then you lose 50 points each.
        Timing the pop build push is also requires some practice. If you start to soon you may expose yourself to counter attacks, if you wait it will take too long to get all the pop up and the time will cost you points.
        You need to get all the pop boosting tech including planet building.
        Make all those artificial planets.
        Once you are in control, set planets to have all workers on housing until they are maxed out and buy all pop boosting tech.
        At some point the wait for extra pop is not profitable, so end the game by attacking the anties.
        I have not done it in a lon time as it is very very time consuming. Do not build all the structures on planets once you have the races under control, it just makes more worj for you.

Comment

vmxa1,

Thanks for all the information, some of it I knew, buts its good to have it all in one post. Think I need a long weekend to try for any serious high score, usually want to start the next game and end it with the antatians too soon.

Ken

Comment

Yeah the boring part as I said is once you have gotten all the AI's but one planet. Now you have to colonize all of those planets. For me I will have only gotten a few systems and then the systems that have other races. So that means maybe 10-12 systems. Now you have about 90 or more planets to colonize and create. That is a long ime with nothing to do.
            By the way my real name is Ken as was my father and is my son's.

Comment

Hehe, mine is nearly 30000 without recapturing population :-) As we all know using this (bug?) one can make his highscore as big as he wants :-)
              Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

As you can see by my low capture that I did not use any tricks such as giving the planet back and conquering it again. 154 is pretty low for a huge map with max players.
                The only way to increase my score is to have more planets in the map and that is a very low shot. I had 173 colonies, no more were available and all were full but a few pop points. 173 is the second most I have every seen, I am not sure what the upper limit is, but it is not much higher.
                If you try to get a higher capture (without exploit), you risk not get all races conquered. IOW you could allow one race to get bigger, by not attacking early, but they may kill someone else, that you have not been able to reach.
                6000 more points requires about 150 more 40 pop planets, I am dubious that that is possible. It would also lead to a much longer game and you will lose points for the time factor and need even more pop to offset that lose.

Comment

Start an advanced game and by turn 200 you must have all tech. Even you can give some worlds to the psilon to make him research faster. Then destroy and rebuild all planets that are smaller than "large", or are toxic. You can make exception for the huge toxic. In my game I had 180 colonies * ~37 pop average
                  and this is ~6660 from pop. This is about 1300 pop more than yours * 3.4 = 4420 more pts.

I think I have games with 180+ colonies, can't remember how much exactly.

BTW am I wrong, or you missed some antaran tech? I always play to get all 8 of them. First 4 from capturing antarian ships - even the smallest ships have these, and then capture Orion to get the rest 4 ... This does not make any difference, but ....

Comment

I am too lazy to bother capturing ships, I have not done that in years. I only capture them by accident with Loknar.
                    I can not image how much extra time would be required to destroy so many planets, then create artifical planets and then pop them out.
                    I would think that would add a lot of time to a run and I know it would add a lot of work.
                    One thing is for sure, I do not intent to do it again. It nearly made my cry at teh end as it was.

Comment

You guys have talked me out of playing for a high score, reading what you have to do to get there is way beyond what I consider to be fun. As I have said, to me playing is all about having fun, being a perfectionist is too much like work. Thank-you bakalov and vmxa1 for the info, I am still learning from you guys so hope you continue to hang around these old threads.

Comment

Yeah hundreds of turns getting housing to boom is not fun IMO. The game will have to go to around 700 turns or more, that is a lot of clicking, especially when nothing is going for so much of that time. All the races are gone, but one, no combat, no research, fun huh?

Comment

Oh and really nasty if you found that one or more systems had a artifical planet that you failed to notice or one or more planets some how were on trade, instead of housing. How about if you messed up and forgot to do all the terraforming, etc etc.

Comment

I'm not sure how many people know this, but if you want to make an easier high score, select just Lithovore which gives you enough boost early game and when you get evolutionary mutation you switch to cybernetik and then switch that off. That way you can get 340%.
                            I think that's kind of an exploit though.

Comment

Hm, this works only in the pre-patch version. Also you could change creative into uncreative ......

Comment

Working...
                              X