Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two systems with the same name

I've encountered an unusual bug.

When the map is created, it is possible for two systems to have the same name. It sure makes it hard to tell which is which [when you have habitable planets in both and you're colonising].

To fix, make sure all system names are different when creating the map.

See attached screenshot. I got lucky, they were very close together, and thus very obvious.
    Attached Files
    None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

I Inserted a spy in an enemy Empire and accidently killed it next turn, while the spy wasnt inserted yet, now I have my best Spy (10/10/31) In a State of
      Insert, Invalid Empire
      ((
      Every turb it now says he got inserted into borders but as he inserts in no empireI cant recall him (
      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I suppose this is not really a bug, but can we have a filter on the Specials for ships in the shipyard?
        It would say show latest only or something like that.
        I can see that it may be useful at time to have all of my ECM amd ECCM's list, but for the most part, I only want the latest one.

Comment

Here's one. I'll be designing a ship and when I choose the ship size, everything reverts back to defaults: Lancer, Orbital, LR. Not a serious bug but incredibly annoying. Also, I don't get the option not to drop my troops on a planet even if I control the battle. The ground combat screen comes up and the only option I have is to cede control or fight myself. I was bombarding a Klackon planet and was about three turns away from obliterating it when some transports that weren't even supposed to stop there (passing through going to someplace I need them) gets sucked into the battle. Now I'm stuck with 800 troops fighting 900 troops for control of a planet with 350 population.

Comment

The Zoom in/out function seems to sometimes be VERY sensitive during space combat. One 'click' of the mouse wheel will zoom all the way in from minimum to maximum zoom, and vice-versa. (Win2k Pro, SP3, MS Explorer 3.1)

Similarly, when using the mouse wheel to scroll up or down through the SITREP entries (when there are a large number of entries), too many entries are scrolled per 'click', thus some entries are not displayed on-screen at any time. Either reduce the sensitivity of the scrolling, or fix the scrolling at one entry per click.

In several games i have seen systems which are located at the very bottom of the galaxy map. These can be viewed when zoomed out, but when zoomed all the way in they cannot be seen, as they are hidden beneath the row of tabs along the bottom of the screen.

On the Galaxy screen, if you share a system with another race, and you control enough of the system that your icon is displayed, but the other race has the planet with the Mob. Centre on it, then a Mob. Centre icon is displayed with *your* flag in it, which makes it very confusing when you want to create a task force there, but can't.

I also have an incredibly large number of User Interface gripes and fixes (from an ergonomist's point of view) which i'm not planning to post here, but will probably end up doing so anyway when i'm bored.

Right... off for another game....
            We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at
            them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me.

Comment

Originally posted by Daveybaby
              The Zoom in/out function seems to sometimes be VERY sensitive during space combat. One 'click' of the mouse wheel will zoom all the way in from minimum to maximum zoom, and vice-versa. (Win2k Pro, SP3, MS Explorer 3.1)
              I have also seen this on win98.
              None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

I had a diplomatic message from the Trilarian ambassador that said

"We hope that it pleases you to our declaration of war upon the , if you can find it in your hearts?"

No race/empire name, just one blank space!

Here's another bug - Shipyards screen/Ship Design/New Design: In ship specials, the up and down arrows on the scroll bar don't work, but I can click and hold on the slider and move it with the mouse. This also happens under Existing Designs if you try and update a ship design.

Comment

Yes I have seen the up/down in the specials section fail.

Comment

Why is there a opion panel in the game where you can make
                    change to the mouse setting and other change. There is no more standard computer.
                    By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Personnel/Espionage Screen
                      In the Current Training Activity box there is a scroll bar on the right, but you can't queue up more than 4 spies; the scroll bar never becomes active. Once the fourth spy is recruited, the recruitment button grays out and becomes inactive.

Is this a bug? Don't know why you shouldn't be able to queue up more than four spies at a time.

Comment

O.K. lets start with my list:;

1. Probably Bug:
                        Sometimes, for example if I scrap great Numbers of Ships the Game shows me a great loss of AU for the Next turn. Always having a value of several k AU, sometimes 20k, sometimes even 150k. Maybe that there are some Parameters miscalculated in the Formula.
                        If I look at the Finances it shows me (correctly), that my Finances for the next turn stay the same or even rise.

2. Bug:
                        Sometimes after I second a Bill and in the next turn want to give my Vote (for example "Yay" or "Nay"), the Checkboxes and the corresponding Text to make this choice aren´t visible in the Window for the Bill. They are just invisible, becaue, if I know the Location of the Checkbox I want to press and klick at the Location, it reacts as if I have pressed the Checkbox and lets me make the Vote. But of course it would be nice, if I could see the Checkboxes and the Text so as to make an informed vote

3. UI-Issue or Bug:
                        If there are Elections for the Orion Senate, it isn´t possible to exit the Window in which you vote for the next President. Even after you have already made your Vote. Very imprctical, because sometimes you also want to make a vote on a Bill or the like. Has already cost me a vote on a Bill once.

4. Game Control Issue:
                        It would be nice, if we wouldn´t have to rely on the "ESC"-Key to exit a Screen but instead could do it with a simple Mouseclick. If you would support a 4 Button-Mouse it would also be nice. I (and I think several other people) have gotten used to use the 4th Button to go back to the last Page within Webpages on the Internet. Maybe you could use this Button to close a Window or go to the last Window.

5. AI on ColonyShips
                        The already posted Bug, that the AI on the one Hand tend to send all Colonyships in the Reserves to the same Planet if you mark it for "send Colonyship" and on the other Hand that it always stays in Orbit around the Planet it wanted to colonize, if the Planet has already been colonized (and the Ship is therefore unable to land).
                        It would be logical to disband the Colony-Taskforce in this case.

6. Game Manual and Encyclopedia
                        Have to be expanded, but you´re already working on it, so just one comment:
                        Please include the Planetary Specials and the Magnate Races into the Encyclopedia and further Explanations about Ship Equipment (sensors, ECCM, ECM, Cloaking Devices and the like) into the Manual.

7. Would be nice to add in some further Patch:
                        It should be possible to have further Influence about the Ships and Troops the AI build.
                        Maybe some sliders (just like in Planetary Funding) where you can adjust the Percentages of Ships with specific Missions (or specific Unit-Tipes for the Ground Troops), you wish the AI to build. For example you want to have 20% Recon, 30% Carrier, 40% PD and 10% I.F.-Shhips or for Ground Troops you want to have 40% Battloids, 30% Mobile, 10% Commandos and so on.
                        Would be very nice to have this kind of Control over your Viceroys.

8. Would also be nice:
                        The possibility to select, which Troops you want to land on the enemyPlanet if you have several Troopships in Orbit and klick on "Land".

9. Enemy AI:
                        For the Difficulty Level easy it should stay the same, but for the other Diff-Levels it would be nice if the AI would show a little bit more tendency to Bombard your Colonys or drop Troops on your Planets if it is at war. But as I hear it is already worked on this.

10. Spies:
                        It would be nice if Assassinationm-Attempts on your Leaders would be a little bit more difficult for enemy Spies.

11. Would be nice:
                        If you could see some Statistics about the enemy Ships prior to or after the Battle. As it is possible for your Ground troops to see the enemy Units before Battle, it would be nice if such thing would also be possible for Space Battles.

12. Bug in Point Defense Weapons:
                        Already mentioned by several People. Should be fixed.

13. UI-Issue in Ship Design:
                        Also already mentioned by someone.
                        If you design a new Ship within the Ship design Window and afterwards want to design another new Ship it always jumps to "Orbital", "Cutter" and "LR" instead of staying on the next created Design.
                        Doesn´t appear if you click on the Tab for "Existing Designs" and then again on the Tab for "New Design) (in this case the Design stays the last designed Ship)

14. Would be nice:
                        It would be very nice to see at a glance, how much of every Spy-Type (for example Scientific Spies) you have in Your Reserves. Also it would be nice if you could build more than 4 Spies in Advance.

So, these are the Points which come into my Mind at this times. Maybe I expand the List at a later time.
                        Some of those Points would just be nice to have, other Points are Bugs which should be fixed.
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

#7 may be address to some degree by simply making the queue much longer, say 6 or 10 items deep.
                          #14 it would be simple to at least be able to sort the list of those we have in reserve, then I could figure out if I have 2 of every type with out a hassle.

Comment

"Resolving Remaining Space Combats" for 7 minutes and counting!

Clicked Control, Defend Planet. Wouldn't let me manage the combat - game just sat there. Clicked "next". Clicked "yes" to cede control.

Now I'm staring at the "Resolving Remaining Space Combats". Moo3 isn't increasing in memory, nor is it using processor time.

Anyone seen this yet?

Further investigation reveals it's repeatable. Restored to the last auto-save, and found myself in the same situation. Cannot "Cede Control", "Watch", or select any other option that will allow the game to continue. It just hangs there. Bitterness Level Rising!
                            Last edited by alinfitar; March 10, 2003, 01:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                              10. Spies:
                              It would be nice if Assassinationm-Attempts on your Leaders would be a little bit more difficult for enemy Spies.
                              Too damn right. You get one leader every 40-50 turns, then you can have them all killed off in just a few turns with a single spy. This is seriously unbalanced and must be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by alinfitar
                                "Resolving Remaining Space Combats" for 7 minutes and counting!

Clicked Control, Defend Planet. Wouldn't let me manage the combat - game just sat there. Clicked "next". Clicked "yes" to cede control.

Now I'm staring at the "Resolving Remaining Space Combats". Moo3 isn't increasing in memory, nor is it using processor time.

Anyone seen this yet?

Further investigation reveals it's repeatable. Restored to the last auto-save, and found myself in the same situation. Cannot "Cede Control", "Watch", or select any other option that will allow the game to continue. It just hangs there. Bitterness Level Rising!
                                It is quite common if they have a colony ship in orbit, you will not be able to do anything, very lame. I now look to see if the planet has a CS if so do not atttack planet, it will not be useful.

Comment

Working...
                                X