No announcement yet.

Bugs in MoO3 - Post here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed the game yesterday and played a few turns. Gave up after awhile. Came back today, and now the game won't load. Tells me to put CD disk 2 in the drive. It's in there!! So, now what?

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing
      Couple more I encountered over the weekend:

Researched Laser Gatling Gun in two different games. But could not find it in any list to add to any of my ships. This was one of my favorite weapons in MoO2, particularly in anti fighter roles.
      Only ground troops can use those.

Naming a ship design, when I highlighted the old name and started to type, it didn’t type over, just made a noise. I had to erase the old name first by using the Back Space then type in the new name. Not sure if this is a bug or just something that is annoying me.
      Yup, that annoys me too. The entire UI is very poorly designed...

In one game I had about 40 ships, all different types and sizes in reserve. I selected to do a couple of small antarian missions and they never left. For over 80 turns I had large reserves (at one point I had over 100 ships) of many different types of ships and never did a single one ever enter the antarian groups, thus I never got a single antarian group to ever leave. I ended up winning by being elected to prez but still…
      It took me some time to understand that too, but seems like the AI makes the antaran expeditions out of thin air or something. Probably there's a price to pay for each expedition fleet, but i still don't know what that price is... (stupid manual / enciclopedia)
      Just order a bunch of armadas to go find antarans' X and don't think about it. I've already found the 5 Xs with this aproach.
      Oh, btw, could anyone make legends of what the narrator says in the antaran x win movie? I can't make out a great part of what he says...

Comment

directx surface

and there are no fixes posted on any of the forums that work...so don't bother telling me to try dx9 or reinstalling or alt-tab or any of the silly responses that have been posted out there...none of them work. the error spawns when i am trying to work with ships in the shipyard and at random other times during the game. ...see the other thread regarding the dx surface error for my full post. -and no...save games are not an issue...i have no save games...i can't even play at this point.

Comment

military build AI

Constantly I find the AI building system colony ships even though all planets in the system have been colonized.

Also, AI continuously sends single colony ships into battle (since they're at war with me) which gets annihilated over and over.

Comment

Another thing I found annoying when I send armadas to attack a system, is, if the number of armadas (or TFs) is larger than 10, only the first 10 will make it at the combat screen.

I understand this is a "limitation" of the programmers, but what really pissed me off is that the AI selects the armadas that fight rather than me.

I ofter end with (not the most powefull) armadas with transports (or even Colony) TF at combat screen instead of full combat ones (with the obvious casualties -- my armies). And to make things worse, for the planet ground assault, if your transport TF wasn't among these, there will not be a ground assault that turn ! What I did to avoid this is to send only combat TFs until the system main defenses are down (it take several turns) and then RETIRE one combat TF or two off the system and send in transport TFs.

And in this case, the AI seems to send to combat ALL of the Transport TFs (disabling ALL the TFs and with ships on delay) to just ONE planet (even if the troop TF is just passing by in route to another system). The AI doesn't save troops for the next planets... I wish there is a way to just land the troops TFs you really want for that battle and save the rest for the other planets of the system. Same for selecting the TFs that enter into combat if there are more than 10 in the system.

Gretz

Alex
            "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." - Winston Churchill

Comment

I learned that you shouldn´t atack a colonyship wiht a scout. The scout wasn´t strong enough to kill it and I choose to watch and it wasn´t any exit button so I had to watch for like ten minutes before time wen´t out...

You should think that they had time to put an exit button in watch mode when they been building the game for 3 years.

Comment

Yes we could use and automate button that lets the AItake over during a battle.

Comment

I think I found what cause my direct X Surface Unavailable error I change the graphic setting from hight to medium. I which all game company preset all graphic setting to low and if the person the hight setting he can change to hight it he want to.
                  By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

I thought they test to see what the settings should be, but in any case they would have to set to high. Too many would be mad if it was low.
                    If that is the issue, it is a bug IMO, it should not fail on any setting.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                      I thought they test to see what the settings should be, but in any case they would have to set to high. Too many would be mad if it was low.
                      If that is the issue, it is a bug IMO, it should not fail on any setting.
                      Why would people be mad if they have to change than graphic opion from low yo med or hight. 10 second of your time once after you install the game.
                      By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

This is what happened:

SIlicoids declared war on me.

Then, after a few turns i get a msg in the sitrep that the war with the Silicoids is over.
                        No diplomacy msg, no nothing. I look at foreign relations and see that I am still at war with them.

About 5 or so turns I got the SitRep msg that I am now at war with the Silicoids....

Comment

Daz,

Yup, that's a known one. I believe the issue is that wars "time out" after a certain period of time, at which piont the AI determines whether or not it wants to continue the conflict. Sometimes the AI will re-declare the war, other times they will follow the end of the war with asking for trade agreements and the like.

The problem is that this "check" the AI seems to do on whether it wants to continue a war seems to be done by ENDING the war and then re-starting it, which is absurd. The AI should just remain "at war" and only end it if they mean to end it
                          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Apparently (according to Markos), thats a feature. If you have no hostile activities within 10 or so turns, peace is automatically declared and you (or the enemy) have to re-declare war.

Sounds kind of silly to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
                              Apparently (according to Markos), thats a feature. If you have no hostile activities within 10 or so turns, peace is automatically declared and you (or the enemy) have to re-declare war.

Sounds kind of silly to me.
                              Not really in the ancient world and medival world it neither side engauge than any real big military action for over 15 month than condion of peace was consider to have taken place.

Comment

It the Korean was to breakout today it would still be consider the same war that start in 1950 and have than temporate cease fire from 1953 to today. But most likely than other declare of war would be needed for legal reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X