Bugs in MoO3 - Post here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs in MoO3 - Post here

This was going to get started sometime, so I figured I would start it off.

If you encounter a bug, or what you think to be a bug, post it here. Thanks.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

I’ve played a single game to turn 130 (!!!). Overall I am impressed. But, there are a few bugs I’ve found. It is possible these aren’t bugs but are…er…’user error’ (as my company’s IT folks diplomatically say):

1. Game Crash: I get a Direct X error that crashes the game. I even held my nose and installed their Direct X 8.1B (??) over my XP drivers (I checked first – I had 8.1, no ‘B’). So far it’s crashed a half dozen times. Luckily there are auto saves each turn.

2. Unable to get to the Galaxy Map or other Detail Summaries: If a Detail Level Summary is up (for instance, when in the Planets tab, clicked on a planet and getting the summaries, then to the ‘secondary’ expansion for details) and then I navigate somewhere else then I CAN’T go to the Galactic Map, or open other Detail Summaries. This is very irritating since I can’t find and close the open Detail Summary since I frequently will have no idea what Detail Summary is open! The only cure it so hit Next Turn, which clears it.

Comment

directx is up to 9.0 now, have you tried that? http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/

you're from Winfield Hydro? I'm from Geln Ellyn

Comment

Hitting - or escape exits out of menus and onto the galatic map. Also, hitting G is the hotkey for exiting all menus to go to the galatic map. The thing with the planet screen is you open that menu, then go to select a planet. So you then have to exit out of that planets screen, then the Planets menu. Its like peeling an onion, then putting it back together, one slightly annoying part. But since i've found those hotkeys its become a minor issue.

Edit: And by - I mean minus, not dash.
        "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

I can't seem to find a 'Return' key in the diplomatic window.

Kind of annoying when you go to diplomacy from the SitRep and then can't get back to the SitRep screen with the mouse.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

HT - yes! Howdy neighbor! I'll upgrade to 9.0 - thanks for the link. Hopefully that'll do the trick.

CV - I've learned to love the 'G' key. But, that is what won't work when (as you said) the onion is fully peeled. The problem is that it sometimes hitting 'G' won't close all those open layers and I'm stuck trying to find what I left open. Often it is too irritating and I just End Turn, which does the trick.

Comment

One Bug I´ve noticed:
              The Pop-Up-Help is active in the beginning and some time later, don´t know exactly when it happens, it just doesn´t show up any more. Repeated this bug in 3 games. Tried all "pop-up-speed-settings".
              Does this happen to you to ?

2nd:
              A bug ? The Encyclopedia is missing a LOT, esp. the Planet-Specials, you always have to look it up in a readme .

3rd: (I got from Hydro´s nice first game post) :

Screen hangup: If you leave a Detail expansion screen open you can’t open another one, or go to the galactic map. This is annoying since I can almost never remember which detail screen I’d left open. Once hung up the only way I’ve found to free myself is the End Turn.
              Last edited by Sunstone; February 27, 2003, 18:40.
              famous last words
              GM:"You see a giant glowing emerald lying on the ocean floor. It's bigger than your head and pulsates with inner light."
              PC:"Cool! I pick it up!"

Comment

Graphics error - When voting for Orion President, I can click on abstain, new orions, and whomever, and see the check marks, but there is no "enter" or other means of moving it forward past that point. So any other senate actions just get hung up there.

Graohics error - sometimes (about 2 out of every 5 or so) the area for voting on a resolution (yea, nea, etc.) is grayed out. You can still vote but you are clicking blind (so you better know where the buttons are supposed to be).

Error??? - when in diplomicy trying to work out an exchange, when you click the arrows to close out the list of planets and then click on a tech and add it the planet list opens up again. Also, when you click on a tech on your side and the alien side, and add one (doesn't matter which one) the other side becomes unselected and you have to re-aquire it.

It would be nice if once you close a listing (such a planets) it stayed closed for the next diplomatic contact with that species.
                If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

There is a bug in the "Options" regarding background music. I turn it off by clicking the "minus" button until all of the bars are unhighlighted. I return to the game and all is fine, the music is off. However, the next time the line "Resolving Remaining Space Combats" appears while the game is processing between turns, the music is turned back on. Once the game gets going pretty good, that means I have to turn off the music every turn. A minor bug, but very annoying since I don't like listening to background music.

Comment

Odd bug... partway through a ca. five-hour session, certain keyboard shortcuts stopped responding. The ones that I noticed were the the 'G' to return to the galaxy map and the to open the SitRep. It wasn't a total lack of responsiveness, as the '+' and '-' to change levels (galaxy vs. system vs. planet) still worked and I could still rename ship designs and TFs.

Comment

AI keeps sending colony ships to a planet I flagged to colonize. The problem appears to be that it will take 30 more turns for the first colony ship to get there. Since it isn't colonized yet, the AI keeps sending more (I've got 6 fleets going in that direction).
                      Seemingly Benign
                      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

1) Masses of colony ships being sent a single flagged planet.
                        2) Masses of transport being made for no reason.
                        3) Masses of random ships being made for no reason.
                        (teehee)
                        4) DirectX Cannot Find Surface (play around with the mouse on the task force config page, it isn't too hard)-- cause complete game abort.
                        5) There is no 5.
                        6) Escape does not always abort to previous screen (such as on the task force flavor of the system view screen)

Feature Request:
                        Be able to slow down faster moving task forces so all task forces arrive at the destination at the same time.
                        Last edited by Epistax; February 28, 2003, 14:58.

Comment

I had a fight which I let the AI control.
                          While it was in progress I pressed 'naxt phase' and got the 'cede control?' message.
                          then the fight was over, but the message was still there but I coudn't press the (confirm/cancel) buttons.
                          I could press 'next phase' however.
                          It's like it was visually there, but not physically.

I wanted to create a troop transport fleet. (3 transports + other ships)
                          All the requirements stated at the top of the screen where fullfilled, but one of them (cant remember which one) was still red and I coudn't confirm.
                          Adding another ship and then removing it again helped.

I also had the bug where the AI produced 7 colony ships to colonize 1 planet (might be because I marked troop ships as obsolete and the AI didn't have anything better to do ... )

Oh, and a little 'feature request': Please note somewhere how many troops fit into one transport.

Comment

100% bug--

Open up research and lock any number of sliders. Then start a new game. The sliders are now locked although do not show the graphic for it.

Yes it's minor, but it's a pure error. bahhahaha

Comment

I get than Direct X surface unavailable on the load game screen. I than going to try Direct X 9. What cause this is there than patch comeing out.
                              By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Working...
                              X