Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thanks for all your replies!
    I took radical action.
    Re-formatted HD. Fresh install of WINXP-I am using only generic drivers from the XP install
    Game works fine!!!

Comment

you reformated? i think i would have waited a while and tried to find a different way before going to a reformat

Comment

Yeah I didn't need to reformat, the problem is the using full hardware acceleration with 41.09 drivers for my GF4 card. I turned it down by 3 clicks, now it works fine

But why?

Comment

It could be a hardware conflict. Open up the device manager (right click on my computer, properties and select the device manager tab) and check your video card and sound card for hardware conflicts by opening them up and checking under the resource tab - it should tell you there if there are any conflicts. Might want to check for conflicts with some of your other hardware while you're there.

EDIT: oh, and did it report any errors in the dxdiag?

EDIT again: I just saw your other post, seems like it's a driver problem. Strange that the newest (and I assume official) drivers would cause problems... but I've no experience with the geforce 4.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

By any chance are you using a Sound Blaster Live card in a motherboard with a via chipset?

Comment

I am using SB512pci with via chipset!
              But the problem is the grafic hardware acceleration with GF4 41.09 drivers. Turn acceleration down a notch or two...must be a moo3 problem, as i don't have this problem with anything else!

Comment

Working...
              X