No announcement yet.

Guys, let's calm down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there only black and white in your world? If I'm not a fanboy, I automatically want the game to fail, yes?

Comment

I read that quarter to three review last night. I don't know why, but I found it to be extremely funny, expecially his portrayal of the player as a button pushing bot. Made me think of old george jetson.

Anyway, I still don't got the game, and neither does just about everyone here, so I don't see waht the big fuss about it is. There's basically two possiblities:

1) Moo3 is great, loads of fun, we all love it, and it causes the instant collapse of our planet as the IG forum implodes into a black hole due to fanboy posts increasing exponentially.

2) Moo3 is a travesty of terrible proportion causing instant collapse of our planet as the IG forum implodes into a black hole due to flame wars.

Either way, there really isn't anything to worry about, right?
      By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Re: Guys, let's calm down!

Originally posted by Draginol
        Let's not panic because there's one negative review of MOO3 okay? There are 3 positive reviews already out. So at worst, you're going to have a game that some people like and some people don't like. Did anyone expect anything different?

The game will be out this week. We'll all have our chance to try it out.

As someone who has been waiting six years for MOO3, there's no review (good or bad) that is going to keep me from trying it out. I don't know about the rest of you but it's a lot like the feeling I got back just before Episode I came out. I'm very excited. But I'm almost not going to panic about reviews.

So let's all try to keep a level head and not get upset about reviews. The game is almost here.
        Well said, Brad!

I will buy M003 as soon as possible but the truth is i think Galactic Civilization is the game people have been waiting for. I hope i'll have a multiplayer game of MOO3 with you....just to train myself and getting a high score at the Metaverse.
        "Give us peace in our time",

Stuart Adamson, singer from Big Country, 1958-2001.

Comment

Galactic Civilizations and MOO3 are two very very different games. GalCiv is more like Stars!

Comment

Never said that they were the same....and i am glad they aren't. I love space strategy games and this year i am pretty sure to find a least one that i like!
            "Give us peace in our time",

Stuart Adamson, singer from Big Country, 1958-2001.

Comment

Don't panic!

OMG! OMG! OMG! ::runs around in circles::

I'm ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Demosthenes1234
                I feel for you man. Man if we still had a few months to go before moo3 came out I'd suggest you buy Total War or Civ3 or even Starcraft.
                Why would you ever wish to inflict Civ3 on someone? What you really must have meant to say was civ2

Comment

Reviews are merely personal opinions and just because a reviewer doesn't like a specific game doesn't mean I won't like it.

Comment

Lets say I am not hanging around forums like this the whole day (ahem, not judging anyone here... ).
                    Assume I am an ordinary Joe who wants to play a new game. A strategy game. I visit sites that review games and look at the scores, read what the reviewer has to say. That affects my buying decision.

WE (read: MOO worshipers, followers of Orion...) are buying the game anyway. But dont say the reviews dont matter.

Comment

are we calm yet? i hope so...

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                      Reviews are merely personal opinions and just because a reviewer doesn't like a specific game doesn't mean I won't like it.
                      one reviewer = one man = one opinion
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I seriously wonder about you guys

Pardon my Neanderthal,

Bad review no right, reviewer who do bad review very dumb.

MOO be good, be very good. Me want it so, must be so.

Say MOO bad, must be dumb, very dumb.

Me spend money, no worry if game suck.

If spend money game must not suck.

The logic of the zealot.

Comment

btw Ghostbear, that goes for ALL reviews.....
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

/me wonders if Ghostbear has a brain condition which keeps him from speaking english coherently

Comment

I always did wonder about those that claim reviewers are morons when they give their games a bad scores. Can't reasonable people disagree on games? Can it not be so that some people may think that Moo3 might suck (or rule)?
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yes I have a brain condition

Its called mistrust.

I'm not really familiar with the IG beta program, but from trying to look through the IG boards, it appears "spring loaded" to the "love it" position.

And now this "simultaneous release" strikes me as a blatant attempt to capture the "buy it without thinking" crowd before any SERIOUS discussion of the game by real gamers can occur.

So, the more everyone bashes the bad reviews (which keep coming in), the more I have to put my credit card back in my pocket.

Just for the record, I love complex games. I am a big fan of SEIV, and most people know how complex that is.

Comment

Working...
                                X