Guys, let's calm down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, let's calm down!

Let's not panic because there's one negative review of MOO3 okay? There are 3 positive reviews already out. So at worst, you're going to have a game that some people like and some people don't like. Did anyone expect anything different?

The game will be out this week. We'll all have our chance to try it out.

As someone who has been waiting six years for MOO3, there's no review (good or bad) that is going to keep me from trying it out. I don't know about the rest of you but it's a lot like the feeling I got back just before Episode I came out. I'm very excited. But I'm almost not going to panic about reviews.

So let's all try to keep a level head and not get upset about reviews. The game is almost here.

Who's panicking? Don't mistake a few loud voices for a majority. If some people develop concerns, or even conclude they aren't going to like the game, so what? Why do people feel the need to argue with them, to try to make them "see the light"? Who cares? Just let them be. I don't think starting a new thread to "plead for calm" is all that useful. Attention is like oxygen to the flames. The less attention paid to the heat, the sooner the fires burn out.

- Sirian

Comment

I'm calm. I'm just going to stick to playing Imperium Galactica II until MoOIII hits the bargain bin.

Bkeela.
      Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Meh...

Comment

Re: Guys, let's calm down!

Originally posted by Draginol
          ..but it's a lot like the feeling I got back just before Episode I came out.
          You mean Star Wars Episode 1? You`re comparing this to Moo3?

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
            I'm calm. I'm just going to stick to playing Imperium Galactica II until MoOIII hits the bargain bin.
            Bkeela.
            Omigod u poor bastard. IG2 is the best game you can play? I feel for you man. Man if we still had a few months to go before moo3 came out I'd suggest you buy Total War or Civ3 or even Starcraft. But...IG2. Well I guess I have outplayed that. There's no strategy in it. Have the biggest fleet and go kill stuff. If you come across an alien race with more tech or same tech but bigger fleet, pack your bags wars over because your dead.
            -Demos

Comment

dude there is no way Moo3 can possibly be as bad as Episode 1.

Moo2 was at least an Episode 4, I hope Moo3 is an Episode 5 (we all do).

Comment

Omigod u poor bastard. IG2 is the best game you can play? I feel for you man. Man if we still had a few months to go before moo3 came out I'd suggest you buy Total War or Civ3 or even Starcraft. But...IG2. Well I guess I have outplayed that. There's no strategy in it. Have the biggest fleet and go kill stuff. If you come across an alien race with more tech or same tech but bigger fleet, pack your bags wars over because your dead.
                I've just started playing IGII again. It was actually all the reviews of MoOIII that inspired me. When I discovered how limited the tactical battles of MoOIII were, it reminded me how good it was in IGII. IGII has limited replay value, and is pretty bland in research and economy, but it sure looks good. Give me a cross between MoOIII with IGII graphics and SMAC sensibility, I would be happy.

But I'm willing to accept donations to buy Civ III...

Bkeela.
                Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Re: Guys, let's calm down!

Originally posted by Draginol
                  Let's not panic because there's one negative review of MOO3 okay?
                  It's more schadenfreund, Drag.

Certain people

a) love to start flame wars
                  b) love to see projects fail

As I said before, I really don't care about negative reviews, because *I* enjoyed MOO3, and am still enjoying it.

Comment

As long as when we start up MOOIII, we don't hear...

"Thisa bea Mastera of Oriona," with a Jar Jar Binks tone...it'll go well. lol
                    Veni, vidi, vici.
                    [I came, I saw, I conquered].
                    -- Gaius Julius Caesar

Comment

NC-323-26X-P23, you're not like sand, dirty and gritty -- your chrome is soft, and bright.

Comment

I expect a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth for a while, then it will settle down as the naysayers, chaos projectors and trollboys find some other forum to torment.

Comment

Better hope they don't, as that only leaves you fanboys. And how thrilling will a discussion be when everyone agrees?

"This is the bestest game ever."
                          "True."
                          *Thread dies*

Comment

Actually, darcy, I was hoping to have the company of fellow thoughtful people with whom I could discuss the various aspects of the game - good and bad. If that makes me a fanboy, so be it...you've decreed it, so you must be the expert on the topic.

Comment

darcy just played his/her hand:

Better hope they don't, as that only leaves you fanboys.
                              Note - YOU fanboys. Meaning that the Worst Fears thread is bogus. Whose worst fears? Certainly not yours, since you apparently WANT it to fail.

By the way, there will be PLENTY of discussion on strategy, trust me. MOO3 is extremely deep and my review only scratched the surface, because I keep finding new stuff to peruse over.

For example, I'm going after Red planets with magnate civilizations. I've already learned you have to send a large colony ship (either order a Colony Shipx5, or build a new colony ship with more pods) because immediately, people will die and you'll have less than 1,000 colonists. Despite the 4 to 5 population points of the magnate civ on that planet, you don't control anything til you have at least one population point (1,000 colonists).

I hope to find a magnate Ikthul civ - that should be iiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnttttttteeeeeerrrrrrrreeeeeeeeesss sssssstttttttiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnng.

Comment

Working...
                              X