Buy Moo3, Quicksilver deserves/needs the support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

garg,

i was replying to peaceniks comment that you quoted in your post.

While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

How about buying MOO3 because it's fun? I never buy a game to support anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by vee4473
        garg,

i was replying to peaceniks comment that you quoted in your post.

Lol, I am sorry!

Comment

Developers form and disband like rock bands. The talent never goes away, and in fact, it's a good thing, because you get different combinations all the time. For a while, you had the combo of Sid Meier and Brian Reynolds - they've "split" and now they get to work with new partners.

Think of it as game developer DNA exchange.

Comment

hey isnt QS working with the military on some command simulator, if i am correct would they still need the support?
            "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

I won't buy it to support a corporation but I'd throw fifty bucks down to support the genre.

Comment

Moot point now, did my taxes this weekend and I ain't buying anything for about 6 months...

Comment

I won't buy it to support a corporation but I'd throw fifty bucks down to support the genre.
                  IMHO that sends exactly the _wrong_ message. If developers get away with bad games, the games get worse and worse until nothing is left of the genre except rip-offs. Rather grin and bear a dry period, while you hold back the money for the monster title which revives the genre. Would Baldur's Gate have happened if crappy RPGs sold enough copies?

Comment

Supporting the genre doesn't necessarily mean supporting bad games. I've spent money on average games for genres I enjoy because sometimes these games have new ideas that will work in a better implementation. This goes for anything; books, games, movies. And I agree, supporting bad games sends the wrong message to publishers and developers alike. I just don't believe this will be the case this time. Would Balder's Gate have been made if we hadn't invested all our money over the years in crappy TSR D&D games?

Comment

Good point.

Comment

Working...
                      X