Buy Moo3, Quicksilver deserves/needs the support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy Moo3, Quicksilver deserves/needs the support

By all accounts, Quicksilver has delivered a high-quality TBS game that will be enjoyed by every fan of the genre. So, if we want more quality products of this type, we ought to support this effort. If we want an expansion pack, Moo4, or other top quality TBS titles, we ought to back this one big time, regardless of any dissatisfaction with Infogrames, its discussion board or its release policy. If this thing is the big winner I hope it is, Quicksilver will control its future, and top quality TBS games will look attractive to other developers, too. If we boycott, don't buy, or post phony bad user reviews to 'punish' Infogrames, we only punish Quicksilver and, indirectly, ourselves.

Probably (almost certain) I will buy Moo 3 although I think that Infogrames sucks.

Starlord

Comment

People will buy MOO3, don't worry. MOO3 is a highly sought after game right now.

Comment

I seriously doubt IG or QS needs the help. The game will speak for itself... if it is a great game, the word will spread and people will buy it... if it sucks, people will avoid it.
        Objects in mirror are insignificant.

Comment

Originally posted by JonahFalcon
          People will buy MOO3, don't worry. MOO3 is a highly sought after game right now.
          take a look on amazon.com

its beating U2 in sales.
          There is no spoon.

Comment

@Amazon (local): The Preorders alone put it VERy high in the Selling Rating ;=)
            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by viciouscycle
              I seriously doubt IG or QS needs the help. The game will speak for itself... if it is a great game, the word will spread and people will buy it... if it sucks, people will avoid it.
              People are going to buy it either way - it's a remake of a classic. It's like making a starwars movie, or a civ game... and just look at how recent incarnations of those have turned out.

I'm expecting MOO3 to be pretty good though, despite falling a bit short of it's original conept.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

This is my first post in this forum although I've been lurking for quite some time. Mostly I've been checking this forum for gold news and now for release date.

I owned both Moo and Moo2 and have lost hair in anticipation for this release (Moo3 was to be my birthday present last summer ).

Of the dozens of PC games I own/ed, I always have come back to Moo2. Why? Eye candy maintains its appeal for only so long - after that what keeps one's attention is the addictability of game play. On a scale of 1 - 10, Moo2 has been an 8.5 for me. I fully expect Moo3 to be a full 10 and then some.

Of course I will buy it....would take out a second mortgage if I had to. Why? I doubt that any other game can offer as many hours of gameplay entertainment as the Moo series...well, maybe XCom.

Comment

Do not buy it because you think QS deserves the the support. Do not buy it because you think IG deserves the money. Do not avoid buying it because you think IG deserves to be punished for making you wait.

Base your decision on wether or not you will enjoy your 50+ dollars product by reading as many reviews as possible, and by consulting as many people who have played the game as possible.

Otherwise TheMaestro might go after you with a bat because you are not excercising "consumer rights"

Comment

Buy it? not buy it?

All I can say is that the wait is KILLING me. I can't wait to get my greedy grubby hands over that game box.

I can't wait until the 25. I am loosing sleep and it's not a joke.

Have been waiting for this game for so long that I don't care who my 50 bux go to (EA, Ubisoft, Infogrames ... they are all the same: game publishers).

Others before me said it right: buy it cause of the game itself. The previews describe a great game! that's what I am waiting for!
                    Administrator - ghostrecon.net

Comment

Yoda, you need something to relax man.

I to am eagerly awaiting but losing sleep is not good. Lose the sleep playing the game not waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by rhofman
                        Yoda, you need something to relax man.

I to am eagerly awaiting but losing sleep is not good. Lose the sleep playing the game not waiting for it.
                        *sigh*

Yeah I know.
                        Administrator - ghostrecon.net

Comment

Re: Buy Moo3, Quicksilver deserves/needs the support

Originally posted by peacenik
                          By all accounts, Quicksilver has delivered a high-quality TBS game that will be enjoyed by every fan of the genre. So, if we want more quality products of this type, we ought to support this effort.
                          I didnt get this part: "has delivered a high quality game", and "that will be enjoyed by every fan"?
                          QS hasnt delivered anything yet, 99% of fans havent played it, and who said it will be enjoyed by every one of them? Why dont you post it after you actually have the game , play the hell out of it, then it makes sense.

Comment

I guess the Quarter to Three review doesn't fit into the "by all accounts" statement.

unless you posted this comment before you heard about the negative review.
                            While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Originally posted by vee4473
                              I guess the Quarter to Three review doesn't fit into the "by all accounts" statement.

unless you posted this comment before you heard about the negative review.
                              QtT review has nothing to do with my comment , I just dont understand how someone can praise a game that he has yet to play.

Comment

Working...
                              X