release update from chantz on IGMOO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• release update from chantz on IGMOO

Here are a couple of posts made by chantz on the IGMOO boards regarding the release of MOO3 (and the mass of emails that have been sent to the IG PR department):

Folks,

PLEASE stop flooding our poor PR admins (Mary Ann) mailbox demanding that MOO3 get released.

It'll be out next week, so please, just chill. I can't make it ship to stores any sooner.

I thank you in advance.

Best,
    Constantine

And later there was this post:

Folks,

*I'm* not snubbing the fans. But, there's only so much i can do within the "big corporate machine". I screamed and hollered to have this released earlier, to no avail. So, Feb 25th it is, and that is that.

It'll be worth the wait.

Best,
    C

So the game will be out on the 2/25/03... no early release but at least there is only one more week to wait for it.
    Objects in mirror are insignificant.

well atleast I will be studying for my midterm that comes on next wednesday then.

Comment

Not to forget the following, of course:

I'd like nothing better than to have the game come out *yesteday*.

*I'm* not sitting on it. Heck, if i had my way, it'd be in your hands right now.

Best,
      C

Kind of sad how a simple request to stop spamming turned into a flame war... Oh well, one more week, and we can all stop reading those flames, and enjoy what we have been waiting for for so long.
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

Well, it's official. Next Tuesday it is.

Perhaps we'll be dug out of our front driveway and down the street by then

We've been snowed in since Saturday
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Yes, and the sentence before that said the internal date (both IG and QS) for gold and release is WELL before that, hence why I said I'd off myself if it wasn't out by then. Markos has played the game, Xentax, and a few others here, they know how friggin close it is at this point.

(And no, you wiseacres, WELL before doesn't mean a week before the 28th of Feb...)
          No it doesnt. Apparently, WELL means 3 days befoer 28-FEB.
          Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

People should be poked in the eye....

Comment

Originally posted by 13Matt13

No it doesnt. Apparently, WELL means 3 days befoer 28-FEB.
            Except in europe, where it means 7 days later
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

I suppose we can hope that the -antzes have learned the foolishness of saying "I will die before the game is released after X time period" for any game over which the distinct possibility of such a delay exists

As in politics, it's many times better to just say you don't know
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold

Count thyself lucky. Unless ordering from the supplier, the general consensus down-under seems to be the 28th of March or thereabouts..

Comment

Same for the South east asian side of things... could be worse though
                  "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold

:

Exception to the exception: in Germany it's 25.02. as well (at least I very much hope so).

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon
                      Count thyself lucky. Unless ordering from the supplier, the general consensus down-under seems to be the 28th of March or thereabouts..
                      Based on the reviews coming in and my uncertainty about the content of the UK version I've preordered the US game, so if I'm lucky I might just scrape in under the 28 feb deadline...
                      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                      H.Poincaré

Comment

According to ebworld.com, the 25th is the ship date, meaning we won't see it until the 26th. I wouldn't plan on actually getting it until Wednesday.
                        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Why not tell us?

I wasn't the one of the apparently many people who sent them emails requesting release. I however am glad people did it. How long have the developers known it wouldn't be out until next week? It doesn't seem like they would come clean and tell us if peons if people weren't harrasing them. I was checking these forums and the IGMOO forums 2-3 times a day to see if people started chiming in that they saw it in stores. If the devs knew it wouldn't be out until 2/25 then they should have told us as soon as they knew. I don't like my emotions being toyed with needlessly, and I would like nothing better then to screw em over and not buy the game but the reviews are good so, alas, they have me. Just cause they have me doesn't make me less annoyed by the whole release thing though. Plus, this has to be the longest time for a game I know of from gold to shelves. It is more frustrating waiting now because before at least I could rationalize that they were improving the game. These delays seem so needless. Plus, until they said this I had an any day now type attitude so I would get my hopes elated and then deflated several times a day. Finally, I was snowed in yesterday and it really would have been the perfect day to own MOO3. Sorry for complaining-I know it won't change anything or accomplish much. However, I believe alot of people feel the same as me.

Comment

PLEASE stop flooding our poor PR admins (Mary Ann) mailbox demanding that MOO3 get released.

But, there's only so much i can do within the "big corporate machine".
                            Then just give us the address of the "big corporate machine" instead. Whoever's responsible for the delay should be taught a lesson.

Comment

LOL, and what lesson would that be??????

Look, the only "lesson" that you as the fan have is to vote with your pocketbook. Infogames is a company and they have certain criteria for doing things. If you don't like them, then do not partake of thier products..... its that simple. Posting silly pseudo-threatening messages really accomplishes nothing.

Now that we have a pretty definative answer, we should all just chill out and wait for the game to come out. After all patience is very much a virtue - and some of you with the snow should get out and enjoy it!!!!!

edit for spelling
                              Last edited by Utrecht; February 19, 2003, 13:10.

Comment

Working...
                              X