No announcement yet.

release update from chantz on IGMOO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody heard anything solid about European release??

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold

Except in europe, where it means 7 days later
      WHich leads one to woner, does that qualify as heart attack, or mild stroke?

drs: Does it really matter how long it was known? If not for the e-mail campaign, they wouldnt have even "confirmed" the 25th date. So it would seem that it at least had SOME effect.
      Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

People should be poked in the eye....

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
        I suppose we can hope that the -antzes have learned the foolishness of saying "I will die before the game is released after X time period" for any game over which the distinct possibility of such a delay exists
        Well, I failed to keep in mind the fundamental law that, just because a publisher *says* they are going to release it in a certain timeframe, and they have it in their hands, doesn't mean they will.

Our drop-dead was mid January no more tweaks, adjustments, nothing. The final gold version was out of our hands at that point and we were given the impression that IG would put a priority on it's release. No later than Feb 14th.

Well, obviously they changed their minds. It's their money, so they make those calls.
        Rantz Hoseley
        Art Director
        Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

Rantz: Are you privy to information on why that decision was made, and if you are: Will you tell??

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
            Rantz: Are you privy to information on why that decision was made, and if you are: Will you tell??

Asmodean
            I have my suspicions, but no facts, so it'd just be speculation.
            Rantz Hoseley
            Art Director
            Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

I'm sure it all comes down to this in the end (as far as IG is concerned) :

"Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Are you kidding? IG has nothing but the best intentions and desires only the goodwill of their consumers! They're only in this because they're gamers at heart!

Comment

Originally posted by Utrecht
                  LOL, and what lesson would that be??????
                  Not buying the game is just cutting off your nose to spite the face.

The lesson is that we can be heckuva annoying, as that PR person learned. Except we do it to the bigwigs so that their mailbox is filled with complaints and they can't conduct normal business. That can have more severe consequences than the loss of a single purchase.

How else did you think we got IG to remove the stupid CD protection from NWN through a patch (which an earlier patch had made worse)? By flooding them with emails and tech support calls until they decided it would be better for their stress levels to comply.

Comment

LOL,

Well if that is what you choose to believe, far be it for me to disuade you......

Now, I will agree with you that compaines will respond with an action designed to reduce call center volume (or anything else to reduce expenses). But slamming a "bigwig" is not the same thing......

The bottom line is that IG made a corporate decision (right, wrong or indifferent) and to rail against the heavens because of it is really only going to give you an ulcer (or some other stress malady). But to each thier own - I just wish it did not involve so much noise

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                      I'm sure it all comes down to this in the end (as far as IG is concerned) :

What? You thought that they were a charity???? Of course it comes down to money - they are a corporation after all. All for profit organizations are designed to do that - make a profit. Apparently, someone (again, whether it was the right decision is debatable - but certainly not by us since we do not have all the facts) felt that IG profitability would be improved by holding the game back........

Comment

I still don't get how making your customers angry increases profit though. Chances are IG is just stupid and has no idea what it's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Utrecht
                          LOL,

Well if that is what you choose to believe, far be it for me to disuade you......

Now, I will agree with you that compaines will respond with an action designed to reduce call center volume (or anything else to reduce expenses). But slamming a "bigwig" is not the same thing......

The bottom line is that IG made a corporate decision (right, wrong or indifferent) and to rail against the heavens because of it is really only going to give you an ulcer (or some other stress malady). But to each thier own - I just wish it did not involve so much noise
                          So by your logic we should just shut anfd take it like good little sheep? No thanks, I'll continue to rail against the system, to change it or better yet, bring it down completely...

Comment

Originally posted by Rantz

I have my suspicions, but no facts, so it'd just be speculation.
                            Specualtion you say? Then you've come to the right place! We love to speculate around here so feel free to jump on in and do some speculating!

Okay, seriously... thanks for the continued presence over here on 'Poly and for giving out as much info as you are able. I would love for MOO3 to be released as soon as possible and I'm very eager to play it. Time marches onward and the game will get here eventually.
                            Objects in mirror are insignificant.

Comment

how about in Portugal, maybe 02/2004 or 02/2005

Comment

That Igmoo thread was hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X