No announcement yet.

EXCLUSIVE! Master of Orion III review AND an interview with William C. Fisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not true. Many reviews try to avoid spoilers, especially on request from the producer. Movies are a great example - see Psycho, The Crying Game, Presumed Innocent, The Ring, any mystery movie...

Comment

But that's a choice that the reviewer makes; yes, the producer can request that a spoiler not be revealed, but they have no legal recourse of which I am aware if such information is presented.

I can pick up a copy of MOO3 (well, soon....) and write pretty much whatever I please about it, so long as it is not slanderous.
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Market forces also weigh against revealing spoilers. If the audience doesn't like it, then they won't read the offending reviews (or, more likely, future reviews from a source that has offended in the past).

Comment

Forget the audience. The reviewer can be frozen out by developers and producers.

Comment

I've only glanced at some of the current MoO3 reviews, because I don't want ANY spoilage that I can avoid, even info concerning just general gameplay.

I enjoy learning curves, you see, as well as RTFM before I play games.

Comment

Originally posted by JonahFalcon
              Forget the audience. The reviewer can be frozen out by developers and producers.
              That, I will agree with.

By the way Jonah, I enjoyed your review. Thanks!
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I just noticed I made an error in my review.

For example, in Master of Orion II, hydroponic farms were put on a build queue, and when built, directly supplied food. In MOO3, they now are automatically built by the planet's viceroy to supplement each Bioharvest DEA.
                I meant "Soil Enrichment", not Hyproponic Farms. Hydroponic Farms are built one in each region, regardless of that regions content. Soil Enrichment augment Bioharvest DEAs.

Comment

I enjoyed your review. I read the spoiler and personally it didn't bother me. I will still buy the game.

Comment

Working...
                  X