Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between US and UK?

hi,

I am really glad to post my first posting here in this apolyton forum.
    First I want you to forgive my really bad language and grammar knowledge, because I come from Germany and I am not really that language as.

Back to the Topic.
    As we can see that the german version with a german manual was canceled, all of us from moo3 planet asked themselves, what we can do next.

Finally we see there are 2 Versions - US and UK.
    Our Trader Amazon.de offers only the UK Version, but they can not say, what are the differences between that and US.
    We speculate that the US Version eventually has a bigger manual and some other differences.
    But that is not sure.
    I simply dont want to buy a game for 50 $ in a dvd case and a 10 paged-instruction-manual.

And I hope one here has an answer of my question. Infogrames Germany is not really activ in this situation and doesnt answer our mails concerning this problem.

I hope u can help me, because the US Version is more expensive and it is not offer by Amazon.de

The U.S. version will use imperial measurements, e.g. length of starlanes will be given in Gigayards, and ship speed measured in Terafurlongs per weekend*.

*excludes national holidays, except during a leap year.
    We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at
    them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me.

Comment

This is not a funny thing.
      Try to keep serious.
      The answer of this question is really important

Comment

panicked?..
        As I ordered by Amazon I asked wheter it was the Version with the Big Manual and so I simply will return it if not.
        bah! paranoid lil' man wait till its outif you are unsure.
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I know nothing about that but I really don't think that there will be a noticeable difference (if any at all) between the versions and the manual.

What I'd like to now is where you've seen that amazon will sell the UK version in Germany.

Comment

I simply mailed them , wich version they will offer.
            They answer that it is the UK, but they couldnt give any information about the differences (they are not sure, if they have any)!

and plz do not associate moo3 with wait

Comment

You can always buy the polish version instead

Comment

Which is cheaper :=)

Comment

For us is polish the same like for the Americans german uninteresting

Comment

It may be cheaper to learn Polish and buy their version...
                    :P

Comment

It may be better when we come back to topic

Comment

What Topic? 'Infogrames Germany' is known to be noncaring regarding US/UK versions.
                        And all differences between UK/US versions would be pure Speculations right now

Comment

I still doubt there is any difference at all besides the copy protection.

But Main_Brain is right, no one really knows and therefore no one can tell you. Why not ask IG? I doubt that they'd tell anyone, but it's worth a try.

Comment

In Canada we get the us version. It is two discs in sleeves (not jewel cases), the manual is supposed to be over a hundred pages thick and it comes in a mini-box.

Comment

Thanks rhofman

Thanks for the info rhofman! My 2 cents are that there will be no real differences between the US and UK version other than the copyright.

Comment

Working...
                              X