No announcement yet.

Differences between US and UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UK version will automatically pause for tea break every two hours and will apologize for kicking your butt. The US version will come with no-doze pills and will kick your butt without apology.

Comment

Acturaly lightyear are use to measure distance in space an it is than nonstandard mertic measurement approval by the International Measurement Commitee.
      By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

I don't think anyone really cares about the "version" (US or UK). The biggie is if it gets a MANUAL in Europe or not.

You may not know this in the US, but we USUALLY have to put up with POS 10 page leaflets for manuals over here as nearly all games gome in dvd style jewel cases.

Can you inagine trying to play MOO3 when the instructions are only on a .pdf !!!!
        Frag Saddam 2003

Comment

Originally posted by ikilledmybroker

You may not know this in the US, but we USUALLY have to put up with POS 10 page leaflets for manuals over here as nearly all games gome in dvd style jewel cases.
          That's the standard in north america aswell, now.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Well, they could always put it out in a mini-box, they have the same width and height of a DVD box but about 3 times the depth, enough for a chunky manual I've noticed that some games like RPG's and Compilations come that way, so maybe....

Comment

The aliens have green coloured blood in the UK version, red colored in the US version. Really.

Also the spelling is different.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesBHoff
                Acturaly lightyear are use to measure distance in space an it is than nonstandard mertic measurement approval by the International Measurement Commitee.
                My apologies. Thatnk you for enlightening me.
                We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at
                them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me.

Comment

Originally posted by Daveybaby
                  My apologies. Thatnk you for enlightening me.
                  Than Light year is equel to about 6 trillion miles. The nearest
                  star from earth is about 5 LY or 30 trillion miles.

I will look up the real value of than LY.
                  By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

there is NO difference

Statement from IG:
                    \begin{german}
                    Originally posted by Zett on the planetorion.de forum

"in ganz Europa wird es nur die original US-Version geben.
                    Diese wird direkt aus den Staaten geliefert und an die Händler weitergegeben.
                    Somit sind auch alle Inhalte (z.B. Handbuch) absolut identisch mit der US-Version.
                    In manchen Fällen sprechen Händler auch von der UK-version. Dies ist aber eigentlich ein
                    falscher Ausdruck, denn die UK-Version ist ebenfalls die normale US-Version.

Sascha Koop

Online Project Manager &
                    Customer Support Services "...
                    Original
                    \end{german}

Meaning : In Europe (including the UK) the only version for sale will be the original US-Version - completely identical with the version sold in the states (box, manual, game disks...).

Comment

Thank you for clarifying that!

Comment

Then why do Amazon US and Amazon UK show different box art? Is Amazon UK using the old poster art, and if so, why?
                        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

Than light year is 5.88 time 10 to the 12th power miles (5,880,000,000,000 miles) or 9.46 time 10 to the 12th power km (9,460,000,000,000 km) Than AU (astronomical unit is the average distance between Sun and Earth ) is equal to 93 million miles or 150 time 10 to the 6th power km..

The light year is set equal to the distance which light will travel in 365 day of 24 hour each . They donot now change the value of the light year it the speed of light is measure more accurately as the change is now than the decimal like I than going to make this up let say I measure the speed of light as 186,282.589 miles per second. In astomony their only use 2 place to the right of the decimal point anyway as we donot measure stellar distance with any great accurate anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                            Then why do Amazon US and Amazon UK show different box art? Is Amazon UK using the old poster art, and if so, why?
                            Well, I suppose amazon shows whatever picture IG gave them:
                            it's a rendered Box in the US,
                            the same box, but "pressed"(as the Box would look on the designer's screen) to 2D in Germany and an antique E3 Poster in the UK.

But honestly: I don't know.

Comment

Re: there is NO difference

Originally posted by Kellanved

Meaning : In Europe (including the UK) the only version for sale will be the original US-Version - completely identical with the version sold in the states (box, manual, game disks...).
                              Poland is a part of Europe and we have the Polish version not the US one...

Comment

Re: Re: there is NO difference

Originally posted by Cymrean

Poland is a part of Europe and we have the Polish version not the US one...
                                Sorry, you're completely right - I simply interpreted the mail from IG as it is. I would never deliberately deny the fact, that Poland is a part of europe - soon even the EU.

Comment

Working...
                                X