No announcement yet.

In-House Preview Online: Part 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's also worth noting that if didn't have full access to spend as much time with the game as he wanted, there's no way he could have gotten all those screen shots or studied the interface in so much detail.

Clearly whatever build he had is functional enough for him play the game, even if there could be missing features. So there is really no excuse there for him not to have actualy taken the time to play it.

I suppose it's possible that he hated the game, but wasn't allowed to say it, and decided to get revenge by writing an awful the review. Certainly he couldn't have liked the game.

On a different note, some people have defended Dan by saying he's not a MoO fan. But if he's not a MoO fan, what the hell is he doing running a MoO fan site?

Comment

last time i checked, this was "Apolyton Civilization Site" not "Master of Orion Site"

Comment

Perhaps you missed the large masters of orion fan site that is part of the civilization fan site.

Comment

erm this thread is a total waste of space. im just going to jump in at the end and say my mind to dan...

thanks mate for making the effort to give me some info re this game.

to everyone else: how many other in depth previews do you see floating around the net? none nada niente! so shut up you whinging little sh|ts and give the guy some credit for taking the time out to try to do something positive for a community.

This is the best in depth preview of MOO3 in the world.

Comment

I suppose it's possible that he hated the game, but wasn't allowed to say it, and decided to get revenge by writing an awful the review.
            Perhaps, but even that fails, as he is targetting the wrong people. It's possible to laugh with your readers about a bad game, but he is laughing at them.
            to everyone else: how many other in depth previews do you see floating around the net? none nada niente!
            Fortunately you are right. If all previews had so much "depth" the guys who write interface tutorials for newbies would be unemployed.

Comment

Originally posted by niteshade6
              Clearly whatever build he had is functional enough for him play the game, even if there could be missing features.
              His build had all the features.
              "A number of the beta testers have said that the game's good enough and can be shipped already, and the rest can be fixed up in a day of release patch."

Comment

Originally posted by JamesH
                erm this thread is a total waste of space.
                Yet you post in it anyway?

thanks mate for making the effort to give me some info re this game.
                Now if only he'd played even one full game before trying...

so shut up you whinging little sh|ts and give the guy some credit for taking the time out to try to do something positive for a community.
                Good idea, if anyone disagrees with you call them names!

how many other in depth previews do you see floating around the net? none.
                This is the best in depth preview of MOO3 in the world.
                Hey, you're right! It is the best in depth preview of MOO3 in the world. Of course, that's not saying much because as you just said it's also the only one.

Comment

Judging by Dan's latest contribution to the world of MoO3, these previews were a rather typical sample of his writing style. Consider this, posted at the main MoO3 page here on Apolyton:

"If you can`t wait for Master of Orion III`s imminent release to see the two game CDs, you can see a photo of them over at MoO3Planet. The JPEG image, posted today, shows that the first disc`s label is green-shaded while the second is red-shaded. - DanQ"

Gee Dan, thanks for that incredibly valuable update. I especially appreciate you telling me what color the discs are, I had a hard time seeing that for myself, and it greatly increases the feeling of anticipation I have for this game.

The scary thing is that the MoO3 main page points directly to parts 4 and 5. Imagine if you just heard about MoO3, go to the homepage to find some info, and then click on to those previews, hoping to get some info on whether this game is going to be worth $50...
                  Last edited by Dinamarth; February 11, 2003, 22:13.

Comment

In regards to the posts about how we shouldn't criticize any of the preview, I remind you (as I have earlier in this thread) that the whole point of this thread is FEEDBACK. Feedback means the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I have gone back and read through the whole preview thus far and my impression of it remains the same. That is, I think that the preview is too far removed from examples of actual game play and it fails to provide any kind of a sense for how the game works as a whole. There is too much breaking down of individual components and too much effort spent describing those components.

Also, in part 3 DanQ states that he will "meticulously scrutinize" each government type in part 5. Maybe he meant part 6? I didn't see any government discussion in part 5. In part he also asserts that he will talk about the "ledger" in more detail in part 5. This didn't happen either but maybe it will come in part 6.

Really, parts 1 and 4 were actually pretty good but the rest I think needs a lot of improvement. The part that disappointed me the most was the combat overview. Ugh.

Hopefully the game will be released this week. Maybe in time for V-day? How sweet it would be!
                    Objects in mirror are insignificant.

Comment

Working...
                    X