Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review copies arrived

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I'm an expert at fixing these kinds of problems, JF. Send me the CDs right away, and I'll make sure that you can run it properly.



    Seriously, have you tried running it without autorun - like exploring the CD directly?

    Comment


    • #47
      my understanding was that someone at IG sent a copy of a *printed* disk, hence it not working. Not understanding that copy protection is called that for a reason. It is also my understanding that Con sent out final printed copies to rectify the problem
      Rantz Hoseley
      Art Director
      Quicksilver Software, Inc.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by JonahFalcon
        We didn't get boxed versions - if we did, the game is in big trouble.

        The version I just got - 1.16 - fails to run. A little CD icon appears, the CD-ROM whirs, and then... nothing. It goes away.

        On IGMOO Rantz said that someone copied copy protected disk and sent them to some reviewers.... and that real discs were on the way.

        Comment


        • #49
          I never use Autorun.

          Comment


          • #50
            Well the reason why those copies did'nt work was because they were discs that were copied with copy protection as stated by Chantz

            "Yes, i was out of the office and asked that a few copies be burned for some reviewers. What the person copying failed to realize is that YOU CAN'T COPY A COPY PROTECTED CD. That's why they call it COPY PROTECTION.

            I took care of the problem by sending out real (production) disks. Not a single problem since.

            Nuff said.

            Best,
            C"http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=259687

            so i guess the real versions work just fine...
            "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

            Comment


            • #51
              [SIZE=1]

              I took care of the problem by sending out real (production) disks. Not a single problem since.
              Unfortunately, it hurts MY job not being able to write a good review before release.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by leiavoia
                The fonts blow though, sorry.
                I hope your actual "review" proves a bit more professional, let alone eloquent. Sheesh.

                On this same topic, why do you dislike the fonts? Are they the same ones in screen shots? Because I don't see what is wrong with that font, and fonts are usually something I pay attention to, in any game?

                Comment


                • #53
                  It's dirty and scribbly looking. It doesn't anti-alias correctly so some parts of letters look solid while others look fuzzy and soft. It would appear that it was someone's first attempt at making their own font from scratch, know what i mean? I don't understand why they couldn't just plug in some standard TT font.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Grrr...THREE more weeks!!! Grrr... But I want one NOW Daddy!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Review of the year: "I hate the fonts - too many jaggies! I give MOO3 an F!"

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by JonahFalcon
                        Review of the year: "I hate the fonts - too many jaggies! I give MOO3 an F!"
                        "add that to the already ugly box it comes in, and you've got one heck of a stinker!"

                        * lowers F to an F- *

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          You guys are right bastards, you know that?

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            I loved the two hours I played before the copy protection kicked in my review copy. :smile:

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Are y'all still unable to play the game?

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                i can. i got some inside help though. if it means anything, Constantine intends to send out GM copies to all those who were supposed to be doing reviews as soon as they get off the presses.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X