Review copies arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review copies arrived

UGO.com got its review copy of Master of Orion III (including yours truly), so I imagine all the other pubs got theirs, too.

Keep your eyes out for reviews (including my review as well. )

hey!

*pushes jonahfalcon over*

you're not the only one you know!

seriously though, what do you think? i'm a bit, um, taken aback by the, uh, total profusion of information. I think the first turn took me an hour or two.

Comment

That's interesting, considering that's almost exactly what PennyArcade said about the game itself. I'm not too worried about that aspect - I don't mind a strategy game that I can't just jump right into, and there are a lot of settings to adjust early on. So long as every turn doesn't take an hour, I'll be happy.

What are your thoughts re: the opening movie and graphics? How do the menuing systems look when animated?

Oh yeah, to either of you - please, if at all possible, a small movie of virtually anything in the game would be a godsend. Especially loved would be a movie of space combat.

Thanks!

Comment

there is already a movie with space combat out there! don't have a link right off hand though. sorry. i'm sure Apolyton has it somewhere close at hand.

Intro movie: very cool. first look at harvesters. watched it several times before i even played. I showed it to each family member just so i could have an excuse to watch it again!

UI - pretty slick in movement. The fonts blow though, sorry.

there's so much to learn. forget about your virgin MP game. not gunna happen. trust me. everything penny arcade said is true. you will be playing for days or weeks before you even understand what you are doing. so many buttons... and that's after they downsized it!

I've only played a few hours though, so i can't say too much about big space battles or anything grand. i'm not even sure how to land ground troops or attack planets yet. i feel so helpless.

Comment

Well, leiavoia, if there is a film of it, it's hiding awfully well. None of the major or minor Moo sites I've looked at have had anything like it - and these are sites that have Emrich talking about his design docs.

I'm thinking it might've been something that you press types get that us lowly folks don't. Anyhoo, if you'd like to show it off, please do so. I know it's something a lot of people at IG and here have been asking for.

ETA: it's amazing the information that you can find by looking at a person's profile. Heh. Can't wait to see what orionsector has to say about it.

Comment

Turn 1 took less time for me, much less, but, then again, I was already somewhat familiar with the game from the Strategy Guide, which took pains to explain how to spend your first few turns.

I'm not going to discuss the game til my review is finished, though.

Comment

I guess I'll have to start my own site so I can get my copy of MOO3.

Comment

Any of you boys with the review mind telling me if it came in mass produced box or on secret unmarked discs?

Thanx

Comment

I have a feeling it'll be out this time next week. Just a feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by rhofman
                    Any of you boys with the review mind telling me if it came in mass produced box or on secret unmarked discs?

Thanx
                    They were special discs made of 18K gold, along with a round trip ticket to Hawaii. I love being bribed. hehe j/k

Comment

They were special discs made of 18K gold, along with a round trip ticket to Hawaii. I love being bribed. hehe j/k
                      That is just not a nice way to treat those of us who are still of the non.

Comment

Eh Tony Lets sent tha Boyz to pay him a Visite? Eh?
                        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

oh, please, post your review.
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I have a feeling it'll be out this time next week. Just a feeling.
                            The game, or your review, Jonah?

Comment

So are you guys held down by any NDA's as such or are you free to release details about everything? also the people at IG didnt happen to slip you a release date did they?
                              "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

Working...
                              X