What in the world is "DEA"?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What in the world is "DEA"?????????

Hi, does anyone know wot DEA means? Its like all throughout the official Moo3 Strategy guide. THere's like "military DEA", "Food DEA" "Government DEA" etc etc blady bla bla. I can't find anywhere in the book an explanation of what "DEA" is so can someone please enlighten me? Its sorta frustratinng when every few pages there is this whole clump of DEA's hanging around and Im like wtf is this?

Dominant Economic Activity

It's essentially "zoning" a region of a planet to perform a certain function (bioharvesting, manufacturing, research, etc...)

Comment

Thats why you never buy strat guides w/o the manual (even though it sometimes acts as one). You need a framework to put some stuff in perspective and explain others.
      Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

People should be poked in the eye....

Comment

Well, DEA is actually in the planetary development part of the guide...so I'm not sure what the problem is, exactly.

It's very much analogous to zoning in Sim City, save that you control what all you build there.

Comment

As I recall it only gave the definition once in the guide and that was quite late into it. But really, you already had a good idea what it was about.

Comment

As already stated a DEA, is what kind of job most of the people in this DEA do, Ie a military DEA, will provide ship, a Farming DEA, farms etc.

Each sector can have 2 DEA,
            most planets with have about 5-8 sectors *i think* therefore you can have lots of DEA.

What im wondering about is how effective each DEA will be. I mean if their are going to be >10 DEA on many planets, they probly wont do all that much individauly.

Comment

i dunno.. the impression i got was that each dea adds to the overall effectiveness of the planet - more mining and industrial deas = more production... more gov deas = .. uh.. i dunno.. something?

like planetary output levels are probably a combination of developed deas..
              so each one, in that respect, probably does make a difference...

and when you have like 12 deas (largest planets i think) you can make a super industrial planet or a more balanced one.. so it probably makes a difference then..

i think..

Comment

From what I read, large (size 12) planets could have 24 or more DEA's, at two per region. What is not clear is whether a multiplicity of moons around a given planet can add a "bonus" number of DEA's...We'll find out soon enough (and I can't hardly wait )

Comment

From dev posts on IGMOO, I'd conclude that moons give bonuses, but not additional regions. Probably production bonuses of some kind.

Comment

Originally posted by kalbear much analogous to zoning in Sim City, save that you control what all you build there.
                    ...which is why they should call them "zones", instead of making up YARA (Yet Another Retarded Acronym).
                    -Cherry

Comment

Originally posted by Saber Cherry
                      ...which is why they should call them "zones", instead of making up YARA (Yet Another Retarded Acronym).
                      Never really thought of that but I agree. Hmmm..

Comment

I've never understood the need for DEAs and FLUs (Forced Labour Unit) when zones and slaves are much more consise and intuitive.

It's not that important, but I'm sure that anyone who isn't a forum veteran like us will get the game and go 'DEA? FLU? WTF!'
                        The foppish elf, fighting ithkul in a top hat and smoking jacket since 1885

Comment

They call them FLUs because they include robots/androids. They're not just slaves.

Comment

Regarding DEA's being called "zones" instead, recall that they are located within sectors of a planet, and that the DEA's represent the activities within those sectors. If we substitute "zone" for DEA, I would find it more inexact and more confusing, since "sector" and "zone" are virtually synonymous (i.e. which is bigger, sector or zone?).

Now, if one wishes to quibble, perhaps "sector's" could be called "zones." Or even "regions."

But it makes sense that each planetary sub-division (whatever it is called) would have a couple of dominant economic activities within it.

Comment

wow, a dozen replies and no one has yet explained what
                              it stands for...

DEA = Dominant Economic Activity.

As stated before, they produce stuff like food, mining, research, etc. depending on what type they are. max #available depends on the size of the planet.

Comment

Working...
                              X