Has anyone visited the IG forums ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 13Matt13
    And what exactly is that supposed to mean?
    DL?

(asking not accusing )
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Yes....
      Oh Hi Matt
      Lost Prince of Atlantis

Coming soon to a TV near you
      (If Infogrames can do it - so can I)

Comment

Well, if it isnt my buddy Timestopper!
        Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

People should be poked in the eye....

Comment

Yeah we miss you over on the "official" site.

Too bad you got yourself banned.

Oh well.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You did make things interesting.
          Not that we agree on anything, but you did make it interesting.

You got quite the following and people pulling to get you back. But I can't see it happening.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!
          Lost Prince of Atlantis

Coming soon to a TV near you
          (If Infogrames can do it - so can I)

Comment

What did 13Matt13 do to get banned, may I ask?

Comment

Yeah we miss you over on the "official" site.
              Just remember, Im with you always. It was kinda nice to see what some people say about you when the think you cant see it. You shoule just wait till Lev finds a way to get the Orion Sector back up, then all will be right with the world.

You did make things interesting. Not that we agree on anything, but you did make it interesting.
              Not agreeing is what makes it fun.

You got quite the following and people pulling to get you back. But I can't see it happening.
              I noticed. I never knew I was that loved. And neither do I. But it doesnt matter. Ive resurrected my long-unused account here, not to mention Lev's place, and SC4 is the biggest time stealer Ive seen in a while. Ill probably wait on MOO now until I at least get a couple of Metropolis zones. Too bad for MOO sales, but thems the breaks in the gaming industry. As they said on last night's JAG, you snooze, you lose.

What did 13Matt13 do to get banned, may I ask?
              You may not!

Long story. Just dont worry your head over it.
              Last edited by 13Matt13; January 23, 2003, 14:13.

Comment

What about this thread? http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...hreadid=253948

Banned? Matt I like long interesting stories... like Death Gate for example. Could you PM it? Just to me and all other curious creasya** things. Guybrush Treepwood type pretty please sweet on the top. (He could do it over HOUR. Was it Monkey Island I? )

Comment

No!

Comment

...Ive resurrected my long-unused account here...
                    OK, I take back my comment about DL's.

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Yes, I did lurk them forums. Bits of useful information there, but when I learned that they use bans to protect their little "mystery race", and that the QS guys refuse to post for other silly reasons, I'm certainly not going to unlurk there.

Comment

Originally posted by darcy
                        I'm certainly not going to unlurk there.
                        I'm going to 'phone the dictonary guys now. If "unlurk" isn't a word, then it ruddy well should be.

-Jam

Comment

Yes....
                          We miss ya Matt!

Heh.

The IG forums are pretty screwed up, but in the end I'm not sure whos fault it is. The trolls do get old, and if I read another "What you cut X?!" thread I may be forced to kill someone.

I mean sure it might suck if some feature isn't in (though most of them dont matter at all), but acting like it got cut yesterday instead of 6 months ago is just annoying.

No matter how much I dislike the way the Devs have handled some things, I DO trust them to make the game right. Any cuts/changes are for the betterment of the game as a whole.

For those who wonder about Matt's banning... it was pretty F'd up to say the least. I felt like I was in Iraq or something. Suffice to say self defense should not get you banned, no matter who you're defending yourself against.

Comment

So long as you keep out of GD, the IG boards are fine. Finding the occaissional glimmer of information in GD posts can only be done by targetted searching for beta tester posts...

Comment

War: I must have missed the earlier comment, but what is a DL? (Besides download, of course).

Damn lurker?

Shiva: I try not to even look there anymore. As much as I thought it couldnt happen, theyve degenerated even more. Now, it just kinda makes me want to cry. Oh well, its Thursday, time for Part 3, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Kc7mxo
                                When you have a board that is as full as the IG one, you have to have moderators. And you have to keep the board clean. They still permit whine threads, but they keep them localized so they do't fill up the board.

Not that there's anything wrong with whining, but people tend to whine about the same things, over and over and over and over on the ig boards. Though mostly its just new people who feel the same as the old people.
                                Yeah, I think there are over 100,000 registered users. The number of active users is much less. But the volume of posts over there is amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X