Has anyone visited the IG forums ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone visited the IG forums ?

Like it says in the thread title, has anyone seen the Infogrammes forums for MoO3 ?

Go and look now.

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...e=&forumid=224 (if it doesn't work then copy and paste)

Back again? Can you believe how lucky we are on 'poly? These guys are crazy. There is so much moderaing, deletions, censorship, and trolling. My word I LOVE Apolyton even more when I see this abomination of a forum at IG.

Go and look, I reccommend it for a laugh. Then come back and appreciate Apolyton for ever.

(Quite quiet today, wouldn't you say?)

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Well...

The moderation, deletions and censorship are because of the trolling and people with no basic respect or patience.

The forums here aren't that bad yet, but some threads (like the telepathy thread) make me feel like I am over at the main IG board.

Comment

I'm not so sure that some of the moderation is justified. Sure anything that breaks the NDA should be, but the mods at IG are also very hard on political statement. Here at 'poly you can speak your mind. I remember so great threads talking about racism in Civ for example. And Demo vs Commies. This would have been deleted on IG. Sadly.

And the worst thing on the IG forums is the trolling IMHO.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I still cant' read the IG forums but it doesn't surprise me that they are trollfests. Like the Civ III forums here, in the last couple of months before release they were hell. No point in suggesting new features. All the old features discussed into the ground. Nothing to do but whine and flame.

Try straying too off-topic here and you get pushed into off-topic where you belong. Thank goodness for that.
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

When you have a board that is as full as the IG one, you have to have moderators. And you have to keep the board clean. They still permit whine threads, but they keep them localized so they do't fill up the board.

Not that there's anything wrong with whining, but people tend to whine about the same things, over and over and over and over on the ig boards. Though mostly its just new people who feel the same as the old people.
          By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Like it says in the thread title, has anyone seen the Infogrammes forums for MoO3
            Yes....
            Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

People should be poked in the eye....

Comment

Moderating

So, I understand you need to prevent bad things, profanity, leaking of Harvester info, etc., I can accept that.

However, they really expect you to spend an hour or two reviewing all the posts (tens of thousands) reading forum rules, BEFORE posting.

I got scolded (harshly) for a couple of posts that were marginally "off-topic", bashed about for not reading forum rules, and generally harassed for commenting on the repeated delays.

The question is WHY? I no nothing about Harvesters, try to be polite, but simply don't have time to review 10,000+ posts to see if the ground has already been posted.

What does it accomplish to chase me off the boards?

There is moderation, and there is fascism.

Comment

Yes the IG forums are generally appalling. They do however, have the occasional flash of brilliance, for example the beta tester AAR thread, which has actually gotten me more excited about the game than in the entire 2 and a half years that i've been following it. And that is saying something.

Also, there is a compilation of beta tester posts about the game which has LOADS of tidbits of current info. All wrapped up in one tidy package with a minimal level of retarded whining present.

I thouroughly recommend anyone who hasnt done so to check these threads out. They contain FAR more information and entertainment than that preview that was just posted.
                We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at
                them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me.

Comment

The topic-oriented forums over there tend to be cleaner and more intelligent than the general discussion forum. They tend to have a much lower post volume too.

Comment

Yes the IG forums are generally appalling. They do however, have the occasional flash of brilliance, for example the beta tester AAR thread, which has actually gotten me more excited about the game than in the entire 2 and a half years that i've been following it. And that is saying something.
                    I tottally agree. For me, they represent the best kind of preview info.
                    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

You have to realise though, there are waaaaaay more people on those boards, so the number of trolls and 13matt13's are exponentionally higher.

Comment

HOW THE HECK DID YOU REGISTER IN JAN 1970!!!!!

Comment

And what exactly is that supposed to mean?
                          Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

People should be poked in the eye....

Comment

Does he mean Dec 1969? And I did that by using a time machine. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Scybeam
                              HOW THE HECK DID YOU REGISTER IN JAN 1970!!!!!
                              ARPAnet.

Comment

Working...
                              X