X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harumph! Imperialist color dictators!
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I`m all red about this decision.

I`d rather be blue.

Comment

Even Moo1 had a color choice option... I find it hard to believe that programming has devolved so far since Moo1 was released
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Its obviously a fundimental flaw in the new game engine that players cant choose their own color. It WAS one of the drawing aspects of the MOO games. But these new game developers, either thay wanted to exzert their power over the players, 'Its our game and they will play it how WE want them to', or its just plain stupidity to disable such a fundimental game aspect.

In my opinion, the lack of choice in player color is indictive that this MOO will NOT be in the flavour of the first 2, and a bad omen for the rest of the game. Alas, the MOO line dies here with MOO3. Just like Enterprise killed Star Trek. Some peoples children just have NO concept of 'look and feel'.

Comment

Hey, people, relax already. I'm sure selectable coloring will make it into the first patch if it isn't in already. It's no big deal either way.
            "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
            "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
              Even Moo1 had a color choice option... I find it hard to believe that programming has devolved so far since Moo1 was released
              Whereas one of the stated reasons for disallowing color choice is multiplayer, saying that Moo1 had color choice isn't really saying much.

Comment

Whereas one of the stated reasons for disallowing color choice is multiplayer, saying that Moo1 had color choice isn't really saying much.
                Then please kindly explaine the choice of color in MOO2 where multiplayer is an option. Somehow the code for MOO2 allows color choice but it just cant be done in MOO3? Thats not good logic.

Comment

Who cares about multiplayer anyway?

No really though - Moo2 had that if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                  X