java moo - tech screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• java moo - tech screen

well, I made the tech screen this weekend. The biggest problem I had was that it was difficult to not spend hours playing the game while I was trying to make sure all of the features are accounted for. I ended up playing for about 4 hours on Sunday.

The tech screen is attached. The only thing missing is the light bulb graphic, which will be a trivial addition. If the game weren't so addictive, I would have finished it on Sunday!

This was a fairly complex screen because there are a lot of interactions between the various widgets. Getting the sliders to work in unison was probably the hardest thing, and it wasn't really that hard -- just time-consuming. The "Known Techs" should be a scrolling list once it is populated with enough techs to fill it up. When you select one in the list, its description will show up in the bottom.

I'll probably do the 'Races' or 'Planets' screen next.
    Attached Files
    "Barbarism is the natural state of mankind... Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always triumph."

Cool, do you expect to make some decent sounds, that is the only gripe I ever had with the game. The sound effects were very lame.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
      Cool, do you expect to make some decent sounds, that is the only gripe I ever had with the game. The sound effects were very lame.
      Sorry, no plans. This is a spare-time project. If it doesn't enhance the strategic aspects of the game, it probably won't be added.
      "Barbarism is the natural state of mankind... Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always triumph."

Comment

I hear that.

Comment

Oh, while you are doing that, can you add some hot key so that I can push it and have all the outputs of research fields equal? The old "=" key allocates same amount of funds to all the fields, but with racial modifiers and whatnot, the outputs become unequal.

Also, it is too much to ask to add a way to directly enter a percentage for one of the fields?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            Oh, while you are doing that, can you add some hot key so that I can push it and have all the outputs of research fields equal? The old "=" key allocates same amount of funds to all the fields, but with racial modifiers and whatnot, the outputs become unequal.
            That's a good idea. One thing I always wanted to fix was for the "=" button to equalize only the unlocked fields. It seemed kind of daft to do it otherwise.

Also, it is too much to ask to add a way to directly enter a percentage for one of the fields?
            I'll see what I can do. Right now I'm working on the Races screen.

Comment

Thanks. Put those on the "Wish List" please.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
              X