No announcement yet.

11/23 status update from Chantz on IG forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only bad thing that could happen is to get finished (and delayed) game with some serious bugs.

Although that sound pretty much unlikely.
    (becouse it IS delayed to minimize bugs)

Comment

(sounds like the guys on the IG forum are gonna get what they seem to want--that is being kept totally in the dark until after its gold)
      This would be for the best. Keeps people like me from complaining. I was hoping it was going to be in stores on the 4th. Looks like it will be a bit longer. Oh well.

Comment

Then I'm guessing for tuesday dec 10, 9:30 A.M. when the store opens...
        The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

This would be for the best. Keeps people like me from complaining. I was hoping it was going to be in stores on the 4th. Looks like it will be a bit longer. Oh well.
          Its for the best provided its out in the next 30 days If they miss christmas without saying a word, then I suspect public opinion might go a tad sour

Comment

Missing XMAS will signal a serious problem.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              Bird-O-Prey,

you're not following the trend.

the march 29 delay was for a whole quarter(from q2 to q3)
              the next for 56 days(from the last day of q3 to nov 26)
              the last one for just 8 days(to dec 4 )

so the next delay should be for 2-3 days at most. then we go to hours...

Then you go to seconds, then microseconds. pretty soon you hit somthing refered to in math as an asymptote... a theoretical "end" which is so infinite that you can't ever actually get to the end of it!

Comment

its getting exponentially smaller!
                "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  The carrot(s) that they keep 'dangling' are the dates.
                  you might want to admit that they are not bringing new dates very often. to be exact

- march 29: date is set for q3 2002...
                  Well, the original plan was for the game to appear in 2001, if I remember correctly...
                  Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

the original plan was for the game to appear in 2001
                    even if you count those i think you'd get that the delay time is decreasing exponentially
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

To comment briefly.

I was as surprised as anyone when we didn't go gold on Friday. We had accepted that was pretty much a set deal and while there were a couple of lingering bugs, they were smallish ones, and ones that everyone felt we could ship with. You never want to ship with bugs, but the practical realities of the market tend to interject.

IG has done something I have honestly never seen, that is, delay release of a game, just because it could benefit from extra time to bug and double and triple check balance issues.

Conspiracists of course, love this because they can say 'aha! see! It's not ever coming out!' But I will tell you honestly that you could not be more wrong. The game is VERY playable and a lot of fun (both team members, and external players are losing sleep over playing it. Not because of bugs, but because it's FUN!)

There is NOTHING in the world we want more than to get the game into your hands, and like kids trying to keep a secret at christmas, it KILLS to not be able to hand it out yet, but at the same time, being able to take it 'up a notch' when we're already getting very positive feedback, says volumes about IG's commitment to this game. An unheard of thing, in this day and age
                      Rantz Hoseley
                      Art Director
                      Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantz
                        IG has done something I have honestly never seen, that is, delay release of a game, just because it could benefit from extra time to bug and double and triple check balance issues.
                        Why?
                        Why?
                        Why?

Why is Infogrames so nice to QS, while on the other hand supports rush of Civ3 and Civ3:PtW?

Why?
                        Why?
                        Why?

Comment

Well after the Civ3 Debacle an interesting Change of Company Politics it would seem

Well Time to finish some Work till Release. But if it is skipped again I will get angry! :P
                          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Actually Civ3 wasn't debacle at all.
                            It sold very well.

So Infogrames though that same could be done with Civ3:PtW.
                            (rushing)

But it gave a MOJOR bug in MP, making it almost unplayable.

So I guess that Infogrames doesn't want to risk to get another such bug in MOO3 too.

Comment

Well, IG has okayed delays this far already, a little longer for the bug free game they were aiming for seems logical. I doubt they care about a few days delay, as long as MOO3's out for Christmas.

Comment

I can not speak for them, but getting it out in the next week or 10 days is very important to get the benifits of the xmas sales. The number of people coming through will be much lower after the holidays end.

Comment

Working...
                                X