No announcement yet.

java moo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, interesting project ! I feel like you do, Moo2 was very inferior to MOO gameplay-wise.
    I did pass on Moo3 waiting for a "conclusion" to come, but I bet the game won't be properly supported and go back to oblivion.
    And I'm also looking forward for GC, the guys there made right and clean choices, AND will support the game as best as they could. However it still won't be MOO but another game... So JavaMOO should still have its place IMHO.

But do you really plan to do all by yourself and not get any help ? Maybe then you should put stg in your succession about it, coz'I'm afraid you won't finish ...

Those kind of projects HAVE a chance of seeing the light IF they have a dedicated team (take FreeCiv for example), a lone guy can't get out with all the stuff. Or else you're a genius, possible but unlikely (statistically, I admit I don't know you !)

Comment

Ray K:

Hey, dude, you're duplicating efforts! Haven't you heard about the Free Orion project? It's intended to be an open-source MOO 2.5. DOZENS of people are already on-board. It's in the conceptualization phase now:

Download FreeOrion for free. 4X Space Strategy Game. FreeOrion is a free and open source community-developed 4X turn-based galactic empire strategy game.

I think your talents might be better exercised lending a hand with that rather than reinventing the wheel, eh?
      Mark/MAC

Comment

But this is not MoO 2.5 it is MoO 1 in Java.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yes and may it stay Moo1 Java. I hope your still doing this man. I offer help If you want/need it.

Moo1 Java YAY!
          My Doom shall fall from the sky upon the doomed heads of my doomed enemys!-ZIM
          You will fight when we tell you to fight because the others know no other way. -Shadows
          You have a choice fight for us or be enslaved for all eternity.-Urquan

Comment

I don't think anyone's heard from him in a while. You'd think he would have posted here if he was still working on it.

Comment

He was posting on another board either Moo3 or Galciv.

Comment

Was that the same guy? I saw RayK posting at MOO3 but the guy that started this thread was Ray K. I asked him a couple of times if he was the same guy but he wouldn't ever respond to me.

Comment

I can not say for sure, but IIRC he did mention something about it on the infogrames forum.

Comment

I just got an email from Ray K and they're not the same guy. Here's his email:

For some reason I am no longer able to post on
                    apolyton. Even when I am logged in, it will not allow me to post.

Anyway, the java Moo project went on hold when moo3 came out and once GalCiv
                    came out, I figured that it was pointless to continue (great
                    game!)

Best regards,
                    Ray

So it looks like it's off for now. He said the point of the java MOO was to create a great 4x space game and with the release of GalCiv he feels the void has been filled. Plus, he's been so busy playing GalCiv he hasn't had time to work on MOO. He can't post to apolyton for some reason but he checks in every once in a while to see how we're doing.

Comment

I am glad he feels that way, but I would still like to see an upgraded Moo.

Comment

Maybe he'd post what he has here and the community could take over.

Comment

Working...
                        X