No announcement yet.

assaulted by numbers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah...that's what they'd have to invent or plug in. They don't have it right now (I imagine) because it wouldn't fit in well with the pseudo-realtime nature of the game, particularly in multiplayer games.
    Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Re: assaulted by numbers!

Originally posted by fatjoe79
      I look at screenshots of MOO3 and I'm assaulted by nothing but numbers, stats, sliders, etc....and I love it! The more the better....
      Ooooohhhhhh yeeeaaahhhhh.....numbers...stats....sliders.....so unds like I'm going to like this game A LOT...

Comment

The more the better in my opinion.

Comment

I don't know about the numbers...

Don't get me wrong, I love the numbers. I want to know how many parsecs / turn I can jet, how much of a beating my ships can take, what the output of my planets are etc...

But if there are too many parameters for one thing, than the individual parameters on the whole are kinda overkill. Like if your overall production (P) is based on P=A+B+C+D and you have been busting ass trying to improve on D, then the results of your effort are small.

Anyway - what I'm thinking here is that it's GREAT to have all the numbers, but ONLY if they work in unison with eachother. You need to have a balanced system in place where all then numbers work out, such that each can have an influence that isn't too small (useless) or too big (unbalanced).

I think this is why they killed the IFP idea - it is hard enough trying to get the numbers to work out never mind trying to develop a "currency" on how you spend your time.

Comment

What I hate is not having any idea of the effect of doing this or that. I was playing Ascendancy and it has Agriplot and says it increases prosperity and Adv Hydroponifer a super efficent nourishment and its prosperity output is greater than Arriplot. This does not help me much, how do I know what exactly my needs are and how many of which will met those needs?

Comment

I agree, I also hate not knowing the effects of stuff. A good example is Tropico. Such a freaking good concept, very innovative, but I never had any clue how to freakin' improve stuff even though there were so many factors! It was so dang frustrating...

I guess I'm one of those people that don't like playing spreadsheet games. I know it's really all numbers underneath, but at least fool me by feeding me eye candy... Make me believe that I'm like a galactic governor and not "increasing happiness by +1 by building the Happiness Dome"

Comment

Working...
              X