assaulted by numbers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• assaulted by numbers!

I look at screenshots of MOO3 and I'm assaulted by nothing but numbers, stats, sliders, etc....and I love it! The more the better...of course the problem is that all these stats are going to turn a whole lotta people off.

Yes, clearly the game is not for everyone, but it's going to be great for detail junkies! Like me

Just hope there are enough of us to make an expansion pack possible!
    "Beauty is truth, truth beauty, that is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know." -John Keats, from "Ode on a Grecian Urn"

Comment

Nah, no expansion pack, give us MoM2

Comment

Uhhh!

That would be great toooo!

Or... maybe... BOTH!!!!!
        "Beauty is truth, truth beauty, that is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know." -John Keats, from "Ode on a Grecian Urn"

Comment

You want MoM2 to end up like a spreadsheet too?

Gosh
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

If it's a spreadsheet which is presented in the same way as MoO3.....

yup!

Comment

Any further word from Sid on the new project that was to be announce in Oct? He had mention Xcom and MoM.

Comment

Yeah great firaxis do MOM cant wait for that "NOT"

Comment

No offense, but I do NOT want Sid being the one to do a Master of Magic 2. Sorry, no thanks, uh-uh.

Even moreso for X-Com.

If I had to pick a developer out of the blue, for either, I'd select Paradox (the makers of EU, EU2, etc.) for both. I think they'd do a really good job adapting the EU2 engine to X-Com, in particular.
                  Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

I'd be delighted if MoM and X-Com stay Firaxis free zones. On the other hand, I wouldn't want X-Com or MoM to go more RTS either, so Paradox wouldn't be my first choice either. Now if it turns out that QS do a spot on job with MoO3, I'll have a good candidate to put forward.
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

Re: assaulted by numbers!

Originally posted by fatjoe79
                      I look at screenshots of MOO3 and I'm assaulted by nothing but numbers, stats, sliders, etc....and I love it! The more the better...of course the problem is that all these stats are going to turn a whole lotta people off.
                      Blame it on all the geeks who pissed and moaned about having the ability to micromanage everything.

You'll be glad to know though, that MOO3 supposedly lets even the "tourist" player play this game fairly easily. At least that's what they've said in every interview since the get-go.

Comment

Originally posted by moomin
                        You want MoM2 to end up like a spreadsheet too?

Gosh
                        What do you mean "end up" like it too....?
                        MoM IS already a spreadsheet, all the racial and units features and characteristics, lotsa tables in the manual appendixes....
                        ...and it's the proof that a spreadsheet is not a bad thing, when it's nicely "dressed" by a meaningful and immersive reality interface.

C'mon, reality IS numbers, it's just that our nature gifted us a direct and intuitive way to perceive it as wholes and phenomenons rather the the underlying guts'n'bits, and we're able to reason about it and handle it in terms of principles rather than of algorythms...
                        (well... yes, I've just watched The Matrix for the 3rd time, right the other day... )
                        I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Re: Re: assaulted by numbers!

Originally posted by timorange

Blame it on all the geeks who pissed and moaned about having the ability to micromanage everything.

You'll be glad to know though, that MOO3 supposedly lets even the "tourist" player play this game fairly easily. At least that's what they've said in every interview since the get-go.
                          NICE!! I always enjoy tourists on the gril.....
                          Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                            I'd be delighted if MoM and X-Com stay Firaxis free zones. On the other hand, I wouldn't want X-Com or MoM to go more RTS either, so Paradox wouldn't be my first choice either. Now if it turns out that QS do a spot on job with MoO3, I'll have a good candidate to put forward.
                            It wouldn't be that hard to make the EU2 engine become "pure" turn-based. The biggest changes would be when it comes to combat -- EU2 combat is very simple as far as player interaction goes, while one of the most fun aspects of MoM was commanding your own battles, having magic from the wizards being a factor in the battle, etc.
                            Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

The EU engine would be ideal for a strategic type of game, however I don't see it handling tactical combat as yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X