Please describe MOO2 to an SE4 player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moomin
    I am. One of the things that are sadly lacking in space game is strategics of the field - the ability to exploit the terrain to your advantage. Star lanes, if done right, introduces strategic chokepoints and must-hold junctions. I love it already.
    I am not sure I am. I have played two strategic boardgames, Empires based on Starfire and Federation & Empire based on Starfleet Battles. The former has warp lanes while the latter doesn't.

Due to the random nature of warp lanes the game becomes even more luck dependent. I seriously doubt that MoO 3 will have an algorithm that is intelligent enough to balance that.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I am aswell quite scared about how the Starlanes in Moo3 will limit the stratgical depth.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
        Tech is researched in Stars in an all for one basis, that is you put as much of your resources as you choose in research, but it all goes to one field. In Moo2 it is the same, in Moo1 you can split the research into all the fields anyway you wish. SE3 had that method, but SE4 uses a gradiant that parcels out the research into as many fields as you select. They are split evenly, no control by you.
        uh you kinda got it switched, unless there is a brand new patch that i never heard aobut then in moo 2 you can choose where your research goes into, by chooseing fields every time you make a discovery, and you can switch fields in the middle, but then you have to start from the begginning when you choose to research teh field that you left....

Comment

Originally posted by AIL
          I am aswell quite scared about how the Starlanes in Moo3 will limit the stratgical depth.
          if the starline really just speed up travel then that is really cool and if it is the only way you can travel, then cool, because it add strategic depth, i mean you can't let your enemy blocade the systems surrounding yours, and you can't ignor that stuff like you could in Moo2

but we'll see.....

Comment

"uh you kinda got it switched, unless there is a brand new patch that i never heard aobut then in moo 2 you can choose where your research goes into, by chooseing fields every time you make a discovery, and you can switch fields in the middle, but then you have to start from the begginning when you choose to research teh field that you left...."
            I am not sure I follow this. I said that all the resources you place into researching a field, is put into that one field in Moo2, just like Stars.
            As oppose to Moo1, where you can split it into a number of fields and with different amounts.
            This was allowed in Se3, but Se4 it is spread evenly among all the fields you choose.
            So what part of that is not correct? I did not talk about switching fields, which can be done anytime in Moo2 or when you finish the project.

Comment

Working...
            X