No announcement yet.

Message to you MOO3 multiplayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I love the 'Combine' terms. Remember the Draconis Combine from Mechwarrior?
    Absolutely! I think that's where I got the love for the name. I always throught it sounded very industrial/steampunkish.

Comment

Originally posted by Sollos
      Moomin, I just noticed your sig with reference to David Irving. Not sure I understand your slant or supposition involved in the sig, but any reference at all to David Irving is very disturbing. He is quite possibly the most malicious historian around, proven in many cases to invent footnotes and falsify sources to forward his pro-Nazi stance.
      Thank you for your information! I would never have guessed unless you had not thought fit to inform me...
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

*neef* do I smell Irony cooking?
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I was sort of thinking you already knew about Irving, but since BS is rampant on the net, I'd just wanted to make sure. And to protect the younger folks from absorbing crap.

Ever visit the Pravda political forums? It's one of many boards where historical inaccuracy and disinformation seem to grow like a fungus in a warm shower stall. Irving is often quoted there, and impressionable rebels buy it.

Comment

The universities are only slightly better.

Comment

A bold statement and I won't argue it. Were you in classes where information was distorted in one way or another?

Comment

There's a certian panache in cynism, right, vmxa!
                "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

You can hear the prof and read some of their work. They are use to being in an environment that is similar to a parent. They are seldom challenged and their peers agree with them, so they do not have much need to reevaluate there premise and positions. Very much like a tyrant. They do not have to suffer any counter perspective.
                  Yeah, I have become very cynical, life tends to do that to you over time.

Comment

One of my best history profs had a great sense of humour. He turned everything into a joke, enjoyed hearing all manner of opinions, and he wasn't afraid to go anywhere on a topic. He had a refreshing lack of political bias because he seemed to find everything equally funny. Biddiscombe, he ruled!

Whereas, I had this ultra-serious wretch who taught an upper level Weimar/Nazism unit. Ironically, he taught not too differently than the Nazis he hated. One goose step out of his intellectual line, and you were dealt with like a ubermensch. Someone told him to lighten up and I think he did eventually.

Then came my so-called 'English' courses hijacked by feminist totalitariats, some of whom were finally purged from the university.

Finally, the odd Sociology and PoliSci lectures which were thinly disguised anti-Western, anti-capitalist glorifications of Marx. They too were cleaned out.

It's too bad that universities are sometimes not places for discussing ideas, but for policing them.

Comment

This forum is veering way off topic, but I have to agree with the sentiments expressed. Moomin's sig is comparing a quote from one revisionist historian whose love for a vicious totalitarian system has led to his drumming out from the ranks of serious historians with a quote by our favorite local marxist on the off-topic forum, whose love for ..... Well, you get the idea.
                      He's got the Midas touch.
                      But he touched it too much!
                      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I was not familiar with the chegitz dude. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Working...
                        X