Movement in MoO3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movement in MoO3?

How do you move units in this game? Is it like civ3 or more like homeworld?
    Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

In all the screenshots all you see is planets, is there a universe overview map?
    Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

Comment

Check out this screenshoot from the ones that just got posted. It looks like a typical MOOx universe map to me, complete with stars named and unnamed, ships, and what appear to be warp lanes if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not sure what more you could ask for at this point.

Comment

Thx... I didn't see that.

Comment

Warp Lanes ala Ascendancy? Where you must travel only in lanes?

Comment

Sure seems that way. I think it's cool, actually. Finally some positional strategy as well.
            "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
            "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Actually......

Well actually vmxa1 I think that you may move in both ways...

That is you may move through star lanes "a la Ascendancy" or you may travel "off road" (i.e. the normal MOO way.)

However I think that star lane travel has some advantages over off road travel... just don't know what they are

Maybe they are faster?
              Chaos, panic and disorder... my work here is done.

Comment

Manipulating starlanes was one of the few truely interesting aspects of SE IV. Pity the AI didn't get it.
                "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

I only played 3-4 games of SE4, but in SE3 I had the AI create worm holes in my system and come through. I had to keep a ship around to close them. The lanes in Ascendancy were true lanes and could be seen on the map. I had to create a planto get ships to show up in a given system at the same time if it was far away and the ships were scattered around.

Comment

Ah, Ascendancy! Now there was a great concept with a horrid execution. As for SE IV, yes, the AI would occationally create warp lanes, but it was very easy to guess when and where, so it wasn't much of a problem.

Comment

Two issues for me were/are too much micromanagement and combat had to be done in tactical or you could take loses. The comabt was tedious if you had good size fleets as you have to do all of the moving. If you had missiles, you had to stay out of range of beamers.

Comment

Yeah, MM was the bane of SE. I positively hated the "fuel clerk in space" parts of the game. The abstracted Moo range (stupid as it is, at times) is so much better from a gameplay perspective.

Comment

Quantum Reactor my friend.

Comment

To little, too late. (Well, at least too late )

Comment

Hmm,

I did not have too much of a problem with the fuel thing in SEIV. The missle dance in tactical combat showed a gapping hole in the AI.
                              Also I thought that fighters were an exploit since they cost no maintenance. So to pound the ai you went from missle boats to carriers.
                              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X