Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh-Oh Q1 03

Master of Orion 3

I have this one pre-ordered and just received notice that the new date for the game is Q1/03. Will be checking into this further, but it's not looking good.

We are writing to let you know that we have changed the projected ship date for Master Of Orion 3 to 1/1/03. The publisher did not provide us with a specific date so this is our best estimate only and should not be considered firm. We will update this date again as we receive new information.

From past experience, when news like this hits, it's been pretty accurate. The slip has been anyway, not the actual ship date. That's why I would post it as Q1/03.

Got this from gone gold!

R:PM
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

where did you pre-order from? amazon?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

saw it. eb games....

Comment

Great. Better than another x-mas bugfest rush anyway.
        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

just got a denial of such a date from Cory Nelson....

Comment

Got to hope this is the case. If we learned one thing from Civ III it is to enjoy a delay in release. Instead of looking at this like it is bad news, lets look at it is as a positive step for Infogrames to care about a complete game.
            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Yeah, I saw Rich had put this on GG.

Comment

I have to agree with tniem, although I hate to have to wait longer for the game, I would rather them get it right than to rush it. However, on the flip side, the longer they delay, the more my expextations go up. . .

Comment

I'd prefer a late good launch as well. But the longer it takes, the bigger the risk of infogrames canning it...
                  "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                  "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by moomin
                    I'd prefer a late good launch as well. But the longer it takes, the bigger the risk of infogrames canning it...
                    True but I would expect at this point that they have to have something that would be playable and releasable. Even if it could benefit from a ton of work, it probably is able to be sold which means when Infogrames means that they are sick of waiting they can simply release it. The hope being that the longer they can wait, the better the game can be.
                    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Lets hope so, but I am reminded of Homms Chronicles. They released the lst two in UK, but never here? I guess they just felt it would cost them money and further hurt the prestige.

Comment

Homm is availiable on abandonware, cool game.
                        I will be buying medieval total warin autumn, i doubt moo3 will be here, but i dont mind, it will (hopefully) be better
                        Just my 2p.
                        Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
                        Which shows you learn something every day.
                        formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                          where did you pre-order from? amazon?
                          Sorry Mark, just cut and pasted from gone gold...I know it seemed like it was my post...It is not my style to pre-order, never done it and never will.
                          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I have a bunch of other games I need to play anyhow.

Can wait.

Comment

Yeah, I never understood pre-ordering either. It's like I really don't wanna know if it sucks before I spend my hard-earned bucks, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X