No announcement yet.

NEW MP3 on the official site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm...after listening to it a couple of times it is quite annoying.
    Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

That "music" sucks. Imagine someone you don't like incessantly tapping on a glass table. And cicadas chirping randomly. And a squeaky, squealing iron gate being opened and closed, mixed with a poorly done tribal beat. Jumble it all disjointedly together and you get this mess.

I'm with DRoseDARs. It miserably fails as in game 'music', but is a smashing success at simulating one of my migraines.

- Apolex

Comment

For those of you saying the "Lovesong for a Harvester" is unfitting as game music: I believe this certain piece won't be standard game UI music, but rather for shorter periods. I assume it's a diplomacy musicpiece (rather likely the harvester diplomacy 'song' ? ). Or maybe it's battlemusic, but I do not think so.

Comment

I believe it's one of the insectoid battle songs; but that's just a guess.

There's another battle song and a 'background' song in the "kangamoo" if you know where to look for it. I like that battle song better.

I'm not going to get too worried based on only one or 2 data points
          Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

In-game music rules. At least the good stuff. Especially those for console RPGs. And this music... is average at best. I'll admit it didn't give me a headache the first time, but this is not wonderful stuff. Strat games are a bit confined in that you're expected to be more ambient and can't compose as much epic "something really cool just happened!" music, but come on!

As for the number of data points, don't forget that this has been released, and generally you put your best foot forward.
            All syllogisms have three parts.
            Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Originally posted by Argor
              For those of you saying the "Lovesong for a Harvester" is unfitting as game music: I believe this certain piece won't be standard game UI music, but rather for shorter periods. I assume it's a diplomacy musicpiece (rather likely the harvester diplomacy 'song' ? ). Or maybe it's battlemusic, but I do not think so.
              If it's only for a short time, or a smaller part of the game (like Xentax's suggestion of it being an insectoid battle scene), I can live with that. It does sound very insect like; maybe it will add individual flavor to the races. I'll think of it in the game as "music the Klackons must like" and work twice as hard to eliminate their scourge from the galaxy

The ambiance in MOO2 was great. The things that helped make it my all-time favorite game were all the extra effort details (like good game music).

-Apolex

Comment

I agree. I cought myself going around humming the Moo2 background tune every now ant then back in those days. Great stuff. Still, it grows old - all music does.
                "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by Apolex

If it's only for a short time, or a smaller part of the game (like Xentax's suggestion of it being an insectoid battle scene), I can live with that. It does sound very insect like; maybe it will add individual flavor to the races. I'll think of it in the game as "music the Klackons must like" and work twice as hard to eliminate their scourge from the galaxy

The ambiance in MOO2 was great. The things that helped make it my all-time favorite game were all the extra effort details (like good game music).

-Apolex
                  I've heard one of the other combat songs, and one of the "Ambient" (read: main UI) tracks -- so I'm fairly sure the publicly-available one is a battle track. The main UI music is supposed to be "background", not obtrusive. The "Love Song for a Harvester" track is definitely NOT unobtrusive, I think we'd all agree.

That's also why I believe players will like some of the other tracks better than this one (if you *don't* like this one, that is) -- I have the other one in my Winamp playlist, it's that cool.

If you have the "Kangamoo" it's "BW08.aif" -- playable in probably Quicktime by default but Winamp supports it as well. (If anyone wonders, I'm predicting this other one is Evon or Sakkra battle music)
                  Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Originally posted by moomin
                    I urge everyone to play Moo2 while listening to Wagner.

Really.
                    I think that goes for any battle game. My personal preference would be a little bit of Carl Orf (Carmina Burana) for the expansion and build up phase then Wagner all the way from the assault to the final victory, with perhaps a small diversion to Holsts' Mars en route
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

Good choices all the way, Grum.
                      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Yeah Grum... you should be the moo dj. Holst's Mars brings me back to the days of playing Outpost. It seems even more appropriate for MOO since you're frequently going to war.

Comment

Working...
                        X