No announcement yet.

Sencho-b-gone too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YMMV, but most gamers tend to be cautious these days. Having too many bad games on the market make gamers a lot less likely to buy a game impulsively. Worthless reviews certainly doesn't help.

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

yeah. Things are changing. But gamers still tend to be young and to flit from one thing to the next...and to have desire to have the faddish game RIGHT NOW. Just look at the buying habits.

Comment

Hrm...

Just because people switch from one game to another doesn't mean they are "new" or "faddish". I know I swap between 2-6 different games as my mood strikes and still go out and buyt a new game every 3-4 months if there is one I like.

Some of us don't expect every game to be perfect and to have that ONE game provide more than the 40 hours or so most of them give. Sure games like Half-Life and others that are modded can have HUGE life-spans, but do you really expect every designer to make a game that you buy once and then never buy another game for another 2-3 YEARS? That's seriously costing them money because people don't typically pay for patches or mod's that others do.

If I buy a game and like it I'll play it till I get burned out on it (after 40-60 hours of playing it exclusively) and swap to another (not necessarily new) game and then swap back when the mood strikes me. I think there are more gamers like me than the people who only play ONE game consistently for years, although I did play MOO and CIV (original versions of both) almost exclusively for 2.5 years so been in that camp as well.

Comment

well for the ones who care, (this is a bit late) , sencho is back in delphi.
          Ace Pace

Comment

Yes, but I'm not. There's nothing going on there, and will likely be nothing worth going there for because QS will not be leaking much information until MOO3 is released.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I remember Don don!!

Comment

Yello, GP!

[Noise of rusty memory gears grinding]

Was it Clash of Civs???
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                X