Sencho-b-gone too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sencho-b-gone too.

It seems that people in moderating positions aren't allowed to voice opinions on Moo3 any longer. As such I've been stripped, wrongly as I feel, of my moderator status at the Delphi forums. Consequently, I'm terminating my affiliation with QS.

I ask the mods here to reset my nickname to whatever is appropriate for one of their guests, not to make a big fuss out of this post, and continue their good work.

As such, I will no longer be visiting the Delphi board and cannot keep you informed as to the progress of Moo3. I have had the pleasure of working with the people at QS and considered their treatment of fans a great success. But their sudden, dark about-face is troubling.

I still hope Moo3 turns out to be a great game of course, but I cannot support it based on the treatment I received.

Yours,
    Sencho
    -Sencho

"Even the clearest and most perfect circumstantial evidence is likely to be at fault, after all, and therefore ought to be received with great caution. " - Mark Twain

Well, it had to take this to get me to come over here and post something.

I'm sorry about your bad experience, but may I ask what happened?
    James Lowe
    james@tomfoolerymedia.com
    james@ssg.org

Comment

Well, hopefully this can still look good on a resume, if your real job is ever in danger. Hopefully you also have some good memories of the experience.

Maybe you should check out what Velociryx is doing, sounds like he wouldn't mind an extra hand.

Hahaha, you're probably hooked to the Poly forums now
      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
      New faces...Strange places,
      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Darn it, the post appeared twice, and im not allowed to delete it..lol
        Last edited by PlacidDragon; April 5, 2002, 22:03.

Comment

I am very sorry to hear that you are no longer moderating the MoO 3 Delphi board Sencho..believe it or not, even if the two of us didnt always see eye to eye on everything (ok..who am i kidding, we didnt...lol) you were always polite (as opposed to some other moderators, but i wont mention names).

Ever since Alan Emrich got his "ban" from posting on Delphi, things have been going downhill fast on that forum.

Suddenly, every "hot shot" from QS gets involved, Bill Fisher, Cory Nelson, Rantz is more visible than ever...and while they are trying to do some damage control, they are being as vague about what happens as possible. (maybe understandable due to their situation, but hardly acceptable, at least not from my standpoint)

These last few days have also seen the moderators running on a rampage...deleting at will, and for no apparent reason. (i bet it was you who deleted my post ! lol) When is this going to end, when they have banned all doubters and nay sayers of the board so they can run a board full of exultant "yes" people ? geez...i have seen a lot of things, but this move by QS looks to me like they cant wait to die of old age, but are already at digging their own graves....

I dont expect you to reply to this Sencho, i just needed to speak my mind

Comment

"By the pricking in my thumb, something wicked this way comes."

"..strange things are afoot at the circle-K."

"I sense a presence I've not felt since..."

Between this, Alan Emrich's speach, and the recent gossip/news of feature cuts, I am losing confidence in MoO3.

What does it all mean?

Comment

It means, my friend, you are correct.

Something wicked this way comes.

Comment

That's to bad Sencho.

This question has probably been asked by too many people already, but what in the world is going on at QS?

(Or at least what do you think is going on?)
                Chaos, panic and disorder... my work here is done.

Comment

Looks like Moo3 got infogreeded.
                  I wonder if its infogreeds policy to force publishers to be vague to the public.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by SeanV
                    That's to bad Sencho.

This question has probably been asked by too many people already, but what in the world is going on at QS?

(Or at least what do you think is going on?)
                    The real problem is I was banned for 'bashing QSI' in other fora. Apparantly any comment that can possibly be considered negative is considered bashing, regardless of my right to speak freely on my own time.

When I talked to the producer about this, he talked about Mod's 'bashing' QSI. But he patently refused to answer when I asked if I was a problem. Further, at no point, were any rules of behavior codified to let me know there was a problem nor could any instances where I supposedly bashed QSI be found.

I'm very upset, very angry, and said producer is happy to sweep me under the rug instead of realize he's hyper-reacting. He's a nice guy, and I have enjoyed talking with him in the past, but right now this is completely unacceptable.

I'm angry, I've been slandered and misrepresented, and I've been asked to censor people all an employee representing QS who seems to have no problem doing this to a (former) die-hard fan.

If someone, as an official of a company, asks me to violate the rules and regulations of a forum, and laws of the US and California, I will react this way every time.

So, again, I have never, to the best of my knowledge, bashed QS.
                    -Sencho

"Even the clearest and most perfect circumstantial evidence is likely to be at fault, after all, and therefore ought to be received with great caution. " - Mark Twain

Comment

Its almost looking as though IG is in the process of creating yet another self-fulfilling prophecy. I'd guess them to be behind it after that lawsuit debacle over CF's German translation of civ3. Don't they understand that this sort of thing creates much more bad publicity in the most important elements of their fan base than a few negative opinions?
                      Negative opinions are just that. Opinions. But if these are deliberately quashed just for being then they become much more than that.

Condolences Sencho.

I can understand a few lay-offs if a project goes beyond its deadline and they have to try and redress their costs but this is starting to look pretty bad.
                      From what I knew of it I was going to get it as soon as it came out, pretty much no matter what.
                      Now I'm going to have to take a long hard look at it first before deciding...

Comment

I'm sorry to see you go sencho.. ever sience alans banning QS seems to be doing damage conrol in the worng way (stoping bashers , over reacting and not in the right way realsing info to calm us).

I hope you had a fun time with QS. everything going down hill.
                        well I hope we shall still be able to chat.
                        Ace Pace

Comment

sorry to hear about it Sencho. title("Volunteer MOO3 Events Dude" for the records) removed...

i hope you'll stay around here!
                          Last edited by MarkG; April 6, 2002, 03:31.
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

They must be pretty hard up if you're the best scapegoat they could come up with.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Mark, I won't be leaving. I love your forums, even if I don't frequent them as often as I like.

And Loinberger, that's the best theory I've seen yet to explain this madness.

Ace, I'm not dying, just refusing to participate on a forum that has become actively anti-fan.

Rav, I won't speculate beyond damage control gone maddeningly wrong. I'm just glad I was a lowly volunteer and not a paid employee. Then again, I enjoyed being a liason between them and you guys. Something about no good deed going unpunished.
                              -Sencho

Comment

Working...
                              X