release date question to MOO3 team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moominparatrooper
    we get a lot of hand-drawn design sketches, some FMV fluff and the like, but precious little in game screenshots that don't scream mock-up have yet to be seen. I hope I'm dead wrong about all that and they have the game well in hand and hold back on the goodies for some trade show or other.
    Well i spend quite a bit of time over on the Delphi forum and the good news is that the only reason we are not being flooded with sparkly screen shots is because 1) i get the feeling QS is being secretive in the art department, and 2) Infogrames has to OK any screenies before hitting the media and they must feel the time is not yet right to do so. However, QS has said many times "if only you could see the [insert cool thing], then you'd be totally blown away!"

The race animations and ships are complete to my knowledge, as are the intro movie, and most of the UI screens. At this time they are putting it all together and actually making the game run. And if it makes you feel any better, the "hand drawn sketches" are waaaaaaay old, like ~ 1-2 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormhound
      In keeping with the above promise:

Our website (http://moo3.quicksilver.com/) now has the following quote (on the page after the entry page):

"The Official Release Date for Master of Orion III is second quarter of 2002."

More details when they become available.

I dont know if its me but I checked it out and it still says 1st quarter. Has it been changed again?

Davor

Comment

If I missed this reading the earlier post, I am sorry, but has anyone seen the system specs for Moo3 yet? I still like being able to play games on my laptop when I travel, just watching other passengers on the plane and trying to guess which ones are hijackers gets boring after the first 30 minutes of flight time.

Comment

Originally posted by Yolky

I dont know if its me but I checked it out and it still says 1st quarter. Has it been changed again?

Davor
          It's you. It was updated about a week ago.
          -Sencho

"Even the clearest and most perfect circumstantial evidence is likely to be at fault, after all, and therefore ought to be received with great caution. " - Mark Twain

Comment

When I checked a few days ago it said first quarter but when I checked today it said second quarter. I hope most of the bugs will be checked out for the delay.

Davor

Comment

Who says it will have serious bugs in the first place? Don´t judge everything by CivIII standards.
              Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

But I hope the extra time will translate into good game balance, and great aesthetics. Hmmmm.
                Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune
                  But I hope the extra time will translate into good game balance, and great aesthetics. Hmmmm.
                  Hmmmm. Moooooo....
                  "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                  Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                  Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                  Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Working...
                  X