release date question to MOO3 team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• release date question to MOO3 team

i ask this to the developer of MOO3, where are you in the developpement of it, and do you have a idee when it could be released?
    if you have a better idee than "1st quarter"?
    thank a lot for your work, i 'll rush in store when MOO3 will be released

Our estimates for quite some time have been for release at the tail end of the 1st quarter. If I'm told anything official (as opposed to rumors, suppositions, or third-person reports) about that changing, I'll let you folks know.
    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

In keeping with the above promise:

Our website (http://moo3.quicksilver.com/) now has the following quote (on the page after the entry page):

"The Official Release Date for Master of Orion III is second quarter of 2002."

More details when they become available.
      If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Comment

Excellent!

Now this game won't be rushed.

So we won't see new civ3 (comparing to state of finished product).

P.S.
        Is there any way to get cuted things back.
        Since release date is moved.

Or Quicksivler is working very slow.

Comment

I wouldn't expect to see any of the cut stuff put back.

Comment

Fantastic news! Any way you guys can psyche yourselves out and pretend that you actually still have to meet the first deadline and then use the 'extra' time to really kill lingering bugs, etc.?

Well, I know you guys are on the case. I'm just happy to see the game being given more development time! Bravo!
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Anyone else read that MOO3 was puched back from "The end of the 1st quarter" to 2nd quarter and get a warm happy feeling?

Odd, normally when I read about a game that are am drooling over being pushed back I get bummed out.

Here is me cheering for MOO3 not being rushed.

Sammual

Comment

The last thing I wanna' see is another game with huge potential come out on the shelves half finished and poorly thought out. If that means a pushed back released date, I'm more than happy to cool my heels.

Comment

I've said it before, but I'm happy to say it again - if Moo3 is a X-mas 02 release, I have no problem whatsoever with that. I still play Moo and Moo2 every now and then - good games are well worth waiting for. We all know what happens when games are rushed to meet the publisher release schedule - no need to call names, but it starts with "C" and ends with "iv3".

I must say I'm a wee bit worried at this talk of a Q2 02 release, though. While the QS forums are _way_ to chaotic to participate in, as far as I'm concerned, I've dilligently pursued all pertinent information about the game I've been able to find over there and from what they are showing today I'd say they are no way near a finished game - we get a lot of hand-drawn design sketches, some FMV fluff and the like, but precious little in game screenshots that don't scream mock-up have yet to be seen. I hope I'm dead wrong about all that and they have the game well in hand and hold back on the goodies for some trade show or other.
                  "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                  "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by moominparatrooper (Shamelessly cut up by Sammual)
                    If Moo3 is a X-mas 02 release, I have no problem whatsoever with that. Good games are well worth waiting for.
                    Amen!

Originally posted by moominparatrooper (Shamelessly cut up by Sammual)
                    I must say I'm a wee bit worried at this talk of a Q2 02 release, though. While the QS forums are _way_ to chaotic to participate in. From what they are showing today I'd say they are no way near a finished game. I hope I'm dead wrong about all that and they have the game well in hand.
                    And again can we get an Amen?

Amen!

I have the same worries. From what I have seen and read this game with revolutionize the genre when it is finished. If it is released before everything fits together correctly (Or before the AI is competitive) it will crash and burn (Taking my hopes for a MOM2 and the Masters or Orion name down with it).

Sammual

Comment

A wise decision of course ( in my book I read this as end of JUNE ), and I won't bother sometime like September. A Beta ++++ game may come out instead of a Beta-, then the huge revolution I'm awaiting so much has a lower chance to suck deep down to oblivion. Can't wait to play the best sci-fi game ever.
                      The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Originally posted by Master Marcus
                        A wise decision of course ( in my book I read this as end of JUNE ), and I won't bother sometime like September.
                        Hum, I find june far too late. I'm expecting it up to April. Of course, if the game needs a delay and we get the "proper" treatment from QS & InfoGree... forget it.
                        Well, if there is a delay, I'm sure we will understand why and support the developing team!

Right guys?
                        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Zealot, you just forgot the "d" at the end of you know what...
                          The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Hey, I said "forget it"!
                            I didn't finish it because I suddenly realized who the publisher was...
                            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

If it is just done right, I would be happy with June 03.

"What is done well, is always done fast enough."
                              -Emperor Augustus
                              Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Working...
                              X