Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

related off-topic... sorta

technophile,

I think your idea/suggestion in your original post is a wonderful game balance feature, can't think of a single game that even exploits more then a small part of it's potential.. hope a game designer somewhere adds it to thier 'Book of Ideas" for a fututre project.
    Now for the real reason for this reply, In the distant past I remember reading a sci-fi short story or novella, where this principle was key to the plot. Basically it's the human vs 'another race' The human both outnumber and outgun the aliens at the begining, but then invoke the 'super-engineer syndrome' you mentioned (The final blow was that the humans started using point singularity weapons, but after extended use the weapons artifical gravity wells 'micro-warped' each ship thus rendereding interchangable parts unuseable, ie. parts couldn't be pre-fabricated for ships) In the end the humans end up losing due to the principle you discribed...

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE AURTHOR OR NAME OF THIS SHORT STORY!?!? IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!!!!
    "Power doesn't corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

Comment

Working...
    X