No announcement yet.

Warmonger,hybrid builder,or peacemaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmonger,hybrid builder,or peacemaker?

How aggressively do you intend to play MoO3??? Do you intend to play it along the same gameplay you use with other empire-building games ? Please only 1 choice:

-Warmonger: self-explanatory. You want to exterminate as soon as you make firsts contacts AND owning a sufficient military. Aside the pre-contact beginning, you are almost permanently at war with at least 1 opponent until the end.

-hybrid builder: like myself, describes a player who likes to play peacefully mostly in the first half ( when you build a richier core empire ) and investing in diplomacy; thereafter a couple of good wars until the end - you can exterminate a few opponents, but not them all.

-peacemaker: you invest all your energies to colony management and diplomacy, thus maintaining only a few ( but strong!) defenses - you want to avoid any war until the end, unless you're forced to.
    warmonger
    11.94%
    hybrid builder
    64.18%
    peacemaker
    23.88%
    The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Always been a warmonger. Always found that the most fun.

But I will try other strategies and see what else is fun.
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Once a hybrid - always a hybrid! (Unless the situation changes it)
      ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
      ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

In MOO2, SMAC, and Civ I put off attacking until I had a significant tech advantage. Same held true in Warcraft and Starcraft.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Waiting until you have a tech advantage will be a somewhat more difficult option in MOO3. (Not less viable, just more difficult.)
          If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

I was always a peace maker in MOO+MOO2, I would just sit around with missile bases and out tech everyone, then crush them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormhound
              Waiting until you have a tech advantage will be a somewhat more difficult option in MOO3. (Not less viable, just more difficult.)
              In lieu of a significant tech advantage I'll resort to the "Sherman's March" tactic that I used in Warlods II/III and Lords of the Realm I/II: create a super-stack and cut a path of sacked and/or razed cities/counties (colonies, in ths case) through the enemy's territory. I wouldn't really call this "warmongering," though, since the intention is not to eliminate the enemy but to instead convince the enemy that they would be better off making peace with me in order to stop the devasation.

Comment

Did we happen to mention that you're going to have to worry about logistics and having your supply lines cut?
                If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Comment

Did we happen to mention that you'll have to worry about logistics and having your supply lines cut?

Comment

Originally posted by Stormhound
                    Did we happen to mention that you're going to have to worry about logistics and having your supply lines cut?
                    Aww, I can't have my fleet forage for supplies?

"It's the damndest thing, Admiral, but there were fifty Zeon missiles just lying around on that asteroid. I guess we can restock the ships..."
                    Last edited by loinburger; September 3, 2001, 01:09.

Comment

Well, the three categories don't really describe my style of play. The closest description would be 'opportunist'. I will play a 'wait and see' game watching developments closely. If someone declares war on me or a race that I have my beady eyes on leaves itself exposed by, say , declaring war on a third party I will then pounce.

Comment

Good. Your "opportunist" approach can easily be one of the multiple sub-gameplays a hybrid builder can develop. You're a hybrid.

Comment

I'm a hybrid/wannabe builder. I try to build up my empire but then some idiot attacks me, so I go on a war footing and take him out. Now, I want to go back to tinkering with my empire, but some other jerk takes advantage of my spread out fleet to poach one of my planets. So I go and crush him. By this point in MoO2 I'm getting beat on almost constantly by the barbarians from another dimension so I have to let my tinkering slide while I push through the endgame.

All I wanted to do was max my planets! Was that so much to ask?!?
                          What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

Always a warmonger(from the start to the end of game).Unfortunately, according to Stormhound, this will be difficult to do in MoO 3
                            Oh, well a compitent leader always finds ways to adapt...

Comment

Originally posted by Internationalist
                              Always a warmonger(from the start to the end of game).Unfortunately, according to Stormhound, this will be difficult to do in MoO 3
                              Oh, well a compitent leader always finds ways to adapt...
                              If I quote him in my own words, he said that it will be "an "accomplishment" just to eradicate ONE race"...I think MoO3 is gonna be more designed for the builders, but you still can have the choice to be constantly at war , wars of attrition with hundreds of ships. It's just that you won't be able to conduct easy genocides. That genocidal thing will be much more controlled then ( also a stronger Orion Senate imposing an ethical approach ); however I think the warlord players ( even if they're crying out loud in the site's forums ) will have their chance to succeed at MoO3. You'll have something like 6 different galaxy sizes that's gonna make a huge difference on a campaign's management, so choosing a tiny one with 16 races and I'me sure a warmonger like you is gonna have a hard time.....

Comment

Working...
                              X