What is this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this game?

I have a question...HOW DOES ONE PLAY THIS GAME? This game is a sad combo of micromanagement and...well, I don't know, whatever you call a game where the player does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Maybe I missed something. In other words, how do you play this game?

Does Anyone Know?

Uh...does anyone know how to play this game? That was the basic content of my rant at the beginning of this thread.

Comment

hehe - it is again on sale at my local EB

Almost bought ot last year but someone beat me to that copy...

Good luck mate
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Get the patches and just play a game or two. After that, check out some of the cool mods out there and play a game or two. When you finish, kick yourself in the *ss for buying the game (yes, that sound you hear is your pet laughing at you). Go out, have a few drinks, and get a copy of Space Empires 4 Deluxe.

The above about sums up my experience.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Read the pretty manual and dream of what that game could have been like. Don't bother actually installing it however, that will only bring great saddness.

Comment

I was hoping that I would pick up (at least the basics) after a while---that usually happens. No joy.

Comment

Fortunately, there are other idio---I mean optomists.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcite
                Read the pretty manual and dream of what that game could have been like. Don't bother actually installing it however, that will only bring great saddness.
                Indeed it does. Indeed it does

Comment

The story in the manual was good.

*ducking*
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Well, the marketing is always good.

Dont buy the game.

Though I'd like some concepts of it implemented in other SSG's.

Comment

I think the "UN" model in MOO3 is better than the one in Civ4.

Comment

the UN in civ4 is useless, never have that victory option on !
                        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

blah

I still play moo3 from time to time.

Some people can't open up to the incredibly different game play. I'm not dogging on anyone here so please don't flame - I'll be the first to admit this game isn't for everybody. I think it will take a new generation of gamers to turn around to games like this.

I really enjoy watching the turns go by and only stepping in when I see something that really requires my attention, like a large sweet spot world that I know I can turn into an industrial powerhouse... or a harvester infestation.

Comment

Re: What is this game?

Originally posted by Donald . . . HOW DOES ONE PLAY THIS GAME?
                            It's a lot like basketball, actually. Draw an arc around the dumpster at a range of 18 feet. If you can land the disks in the dumpster from anywhere beyond the arc, it's worth three points. Retrieving the disks is not allowed . . . nor desirable.

It can also be played as a variant of Magic: The Gathering. You "bid" your copy of MOO3, and, if you win, other players must trade you their copies of MOO1 or MOO2 for your MOO3.

Comment

i like the game, takes getting use too, but i was getting tired of all the micromaneging. If you want you can micromangage, game was trying something different.

Did it succed, seems not but I love it, always hate the end game and micromage everything, takes the fun out.

With all the mods, it fixes the game pretty good, I know, it shouldn't have happened but it did, you can get the game cheap now, get the official 1.2.5 patch, and the mods, takes a bit to get use to but is fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X