gave myself the android tech at the start of the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gave myself the android tech at the start of the game

and decided to only use androids, just damn. You can stamp out a lot of fairly productive population real fast.

oh, and I also managed to get an ai to agree to peace on impossible, that is the first time I have been able to do that I think.

Comment

And u think the AI agreed to peace.......because your pop was so artificial? Or whats your point?
      "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

no it was because of how fast I got position, I went from Prewarp to orion in around 175 turns, and that wasn't even with the emg strat, I waited for battleships with phasors and class 5 shields.

so hurrah for cheating!

Comment

whoha: come to kali and play online with us bud.

I'm not sure where you are from but there players from both sides of the atlantic... not sure if we got any asians.

Comment

Androids at start breaks the game bad, damn it..... You can pop rush so much it is not funny.....add it to uni....grrr scary

P.S. I'm an asian, but I'm not on kali...how do I get on kali again???

Comment

no it was because of how fast I got position
              IIRC this happens even with normal prodraces.....housing housing..and further housing.....IMHO the behaviour of the AI is not unusual...

--------------------------------

P.S. I'm an asian, but I'm not on kali...how do I get on kali again???
              Sigh! Watch my sig!
              "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

Starting in Prewarp with Android Workers means: +3 production but eat 1, so a net +2 in Dictatorship, Democracy and Feudal, and a net +3.5 in Unification; Tolerant (that's already 10 picks for free!) so no pollution and more room; guaranteed +1M pop/turn when building them, but no natural growth when building other items; no income tax; but AWs do benefit from morale, contrary to the manual.

As for Android Scientists: their +3 research is obscene in Prewarp, especially given the rate at which you can make them (and colonise more planets) once you've a few Workers: research rising by +3 (or +4.5 in Democracy) each turn per research planet in early game is scary!

You might wish to consider what handicaps you'd need to offset the Androids' advantages. You'd have to have a net -10 picks, and the handicaps would have to be empire-wide to affect the Androids. I suggest Uncreative, and work down from there. Actually, what you should do, since you're cheating so bad is to use PickHack to set all the negative pick values to zero, then choose all of them: Uncreative, Poor HW, -1 Production, -1 Research, Feudal (? or maybe that's a cheat too given your ship production ability), -0.5 BC, -20 beam defense, -20 ship attack, -10 ground combat, -10 spying. Wish there were more -picks to choose, but -Food, Low-G, etc, have no effect on Androids.

To be decent, you should give all the AI races a big boost in every way known to editors such as MeltingPot and COrion2. I have an idea: use SuperSpy and give all your rivals alt-Einstein.
                ftp://ftp.sff.net/pub/people/zoetrope/MOO2/
                Zoe Trope

Comment

nah I just wanted to see what I could do with only androids from the start of the game.

democracy is probably the best government for andriods, production and research bonuses(morale and govt).
                  feudal gives best ship building(morale and govt bonus) but the worst research, and dictatorship/unification are about equal(100% morale vs 100% govt bonus both for workers).
                  Last edited by Whoha; January 17, 2005, 19:34.

Comment

The power from uni is that one can get expotential pop growth from production faster, and kill the Ai and steal their planets even faster. One might not even need AF early on with worker droids, and can tech chemistry first, leading to super fast MIRV nukes CA. (than add it to tele = insta frag)

Once one wipes out a race or two, the relative position difference is so big that there'd be no competition in production and fleet sizes.

Unless one is going the fast orion pop strategy, demo really don't power up that fast, but with demo +prod, artifact, a sub 100 turn orion pop might be possible....and with the Avenger running around at that time

Uncreative, Poor HW, -1 Production, -1 Research, Feudal (? or maybe that's a cheat too given your ship production ability), -0.5 BC, -20 beam defense, -20 ship attack, -10 ground combat, -10 spying.
                    PHW, -1Prod, -1R, -0.5BC is not significant, enough to wipe out the adv from droids. -ship means nothing. Uncreative, -10GC, -10spy and Lowgrav might be a challenge though, since it'd be very hard to tech and one have to rush an empire early, but since there ISN'T repulsive.....it all means jack.

Comment

I got Orion a few turns earlier with demo all other things considered. You can ramp up and get production enhancers sooner.

prod,bc,research all effect your population not androids so once you get the first ones out its no problem.

Comment

Low-G doesn't affect a 100% Android population (and why wouldn't one?). The only effect is on the ground troops.
                        ftp://ftp.sff.net/pub/people/zoetrope/MOO2/
                        Zoe Trope

Comment

with uncreative, -GC, -spy, lowgrav, there is almost no way to tech reliablely. One can't research worth damn if unluckly,and with -20GC, capturing techs are hard too. With -spy, stealing is hard especially with uncreative disabling spy techs....

Comment

OK, I'm a bit confused...

1. How the heck do you do this? Whenever I start a colony, it has a citizen of my race. it seems you would have at least one citizen each colony, plus a bunch on your homeworld.

2. do the androids take advantage of buildings, like, do research labs increase the research generated by droids?

3. I know it's not really neccessary, but can android farmers farm on unfarmable worlds, i.e. barren, toxic, rad?
                            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

1)Androids when built kill population if there is no space. or the meat bags starve.
                              2)Yes.
                              3)If you have the farming tech perhaps, haven't tested it.

Comment

Working...
                              X