No announcement yet.

another MOO2 newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i ve started a new game, Silicoids again, 5 civs, on Impossible. The AI is putting up more of a fight this time, but Im still pulling ahead. Have to be a bit less sloppy though. was number one civ, Mrrshans attack and take a planet, I push back with phasor BB's then humans attack me on the other side, defended only by 3 missile CA's, the ones i built to go after monsters, they lose, though the humans seem to be slowed down by the cost of victory, I make peace with Mrrshans, giving them microbiotics (id taken a special planet forget if it was gold or gems) , and send the battle fleet cross my empire to fight the humans.

It should be much harder for sillies with more opponents, since they seem to be ideal "builders"
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Yes reducing the number of players in the game makes the game much easier for the player.

I would suggest after testing out this game, you go back to hard and play with 8 players. Use either a strong native race or a good custom one. Does not have to be a super race.

Once you are comfortable with 7 or 8 players, then move on to impossible at what ever number of players seems proper.

Impossible mainly affects the rate of research for the human, so with 5 players you can still expand out at a good speed before contacts.

The deal is that if you have figured out what you need to do to win with 8 players, you have the tools to win at all levels. Maybe not all conditions and circumstances, but in the main.

By that I mean, you can have a very good understanding of the game and still struggle with a bad start. I remember a game as a tele that was a real bugger as I had a bad system and could not reach any other systems with anything that could even be an outpost.

By the time I got some cells the sakkra had surrounded me and it was a bear to take that first planet.

Comment

Personally, I learned how to play this game starting out with unified-creative -GC -Spy -ship combat (probably could have gotten repulsive instead) and beat every game I've tried with this combo, with only two games played on normal/hard. Next up I used uni-tele-warlord -GC -$ repulsive and pwned impossible 8p huge ai with ease.

If one play as an attacker, the more AI races don't hurt, because there are bound to be weak races to enslave. An race or two later, the momentum would kill anything....

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
          Yes reducing the number of players in the game makes the game much easier for the player.

I would suggest after testing out this game, you go back to hard and play with 8 players. Use either a strong native race or a good custom one. Does not have to be a super race.
          Yup once i get this finished, thats what I'll do.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
          X