No announcement yet.

another MOO2 newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a log for the early part of the game if you want to see how I did it.

I had not used the Charm trait and was shocked to see all the top leaders I got. I use Repulsive most of the time and do not have it so easy for leaders.

I never did go to Orion, the AI just did not put any fight at all.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
      I made a log for the early part of the game if you want to see how I did it.

I had not used the Charm trait and was shocked to see all the top leaders I got. I use Repulsive most of the time and do not have it so easy for leaders.

I never did go to Orion, the AI just did not put any fight at all.
      Thats ok, im improving on my own at this point.

Id forgotten about that charm affects leaders. I get and use quite a few, I didnt realize there are usually fewer in the game.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I normally only play on impossible, so I had forgotten that the penalties impact. So the lessor traits and planets were offset by the easier level.

How did you like the part where the Saks declared war and I had only two ships. Ten turns later they had lost all planets I could reach amd soon were eliminated.

No one even sent a ship to any planet I had.

The key thing is to have fun, so if you are then it is all good.

Comment

Re: another MOO2 newbie

Originally posted by lord of the mark
          I just bought MOO2 (used, $5 US) and installed it.
          That may be the best $5 you've spent in a long time.

Comment

I normally only play on impossible, so I had forgotten that the penalties impact. So the lessor traits and planets were offset by the easier level.

How did you like the part where the Saks declared war and I had only two ships. Ten turns later they had lost all planets I could reach amd soon were eliminated.

No one even sent a ship to any planet I had.
            Good comeback. I made some comeback in my game, but not so overwhelmingly. I still have lots to learn about ship design.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Re: Re: another MOO2 newbie

Originally posted by GameGeek

That may be the best $5 you've spent in a long time.
              Ive more than gotten my moneysworth already

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                Good comeback. I made some comeback in my game, but not so overwhelmingly. I still have lots to learn about ship design.
                There are threads on ship design that are definitely worth reading. Lots of useful information there.

Comment

to clarify:

a default Titan design wont come up on the build screen, unless Ive first gone to the Design screen and designed a Titan?

Comment

Yup, you need to have the tech, then choose an existing design and change it. You will be able to choose any class that you know.

I take the scout ship and make it a titan, if I make any titans. They are not needed, but sometimes I will make them for any leader I have.

The main purpose is so I know which ship they are on. It is not as easy to find them with nothing but BB's.

Comment

Yup, you need to have the tech, then choose an existing design and change it. You will be able to choose any class that you know.

I take the scout ship and make it a titan, if I make any titans. They are not needed, but sometimes I will make them for any leader I have.
                      Perhaps not needed, but Im only building my first BBs this game (may i use the Navy abbreviations here?) and i doubt that ive designed optimal ones. Im trying get set to take on the guardian, so Id like a couple of Titans, I think.

Comment

Six years in the Navy, so no problem. I refer to Frigates as DE and destroyers as DD, CA for crusiers all the time.

Depending on when I go I will use 5 or 6 BB's to take Orion. More if I have them. I go after getting HEF.

Comment

Six years in the Navy, so no problem. I refer to Frigates as DE and destroyers as DD, CA for crusiers all the time.

Depending on when I go I will use 5 or 6 BB's to take Orion. More if I have them. I go after getting HEF.
                          I finally beat the Guardian, with 6 BB's and 2 Titans, all equiped almost exclusively with heavy mount, 360 degree phasors.

In retrospect perhaps full 360 was not necessary.

remind me what HEF is, and why its important?

Comment

HEF gives 50% bonus to direct fire weapons damage.

Comment

High Energy Focus, a must for beamers, as is Interial Stabilizers.

Comment

seems like the best ships have nothing but the best beam weapon, some specials to help it, and maybe a few defense specials?

Comment

Working...
                                X