Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Psychological research on MOO3 game and market behaivor. Join!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychological research on MOO3 game and market behaivor. Join!

I'm doing a psychological resesarch. I'm about to check the correlation between money paid for game and gamer's opinion on the game.
    I'll ask your opinion about Master Of Orion 3 and some related things.
    You are asked to grade the game from 1 (terribly bad) to 5 (excellent, brilliant). Also you are expected to say how much did you pay for the game (incl. shipment cost). Also please specify if you preordered the game before release. If you tryed a pirated version please say so, MarkG allowed to say that in this particular thread (waiting for his confirmation post here). Also if you had troubles installing the game please tell that.

The research is about effect of cognitive dissonance on marlet behaivor. If i gain enought data for statistical analysis i'll write an article for Apolyton.

Thank you for response.

Also i'd about to warn that i'll pop this thread if it sinks down.
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

People bought MOO3
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko
      People bought MOO3
      Yes. Some of them preordered the game before the release date.

Please no offtopic. If you played pirated version of the game please grade it and say that you played for free. It's allowed by MarkG in this thread if we do not descend to offtopic.

If you played legal version please tell your grade and the amount of money paid for it including shippment cost. And again no offtopic here, pls.
      money sqrt evil;
      My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

I paid ~$40.00 for it right when it came out. No pre-order, but I got it in the first week it was on the street.

I'd rate it a 2 overall on a scale of 1 to 5, with 3 for the concept and 1 for execution.

No problem installing it, but it was annoying as hell with DirectX Surface Unavailable errors.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Why did you choose MoO3 for your project?

Comment

Rating : 1 (it puts me to sleep)

Price : $50 + tax

Preorder : Yes (I put down $5 to reserve a copy at Software Etc.)

No problems installing game (or patches)

Comment

Originally posted by muxec

Yes. Some of them preordered the game before the release date.

Guilty as charged.

I reserved a copy a week before release and paid a whopping $80 Canadian for it. (including tax) I'd rate it a 1 on a scale of 5 for the poor execution and gameplay, aswell as all the hair-pulling frustration that came along with it. I had no problems installing the game, but I had problems playing it. The copy protection used was not compatible with my CD Drive and I wasn't able to play the game untill I found a no-cd crack, about 3 days after having bought it. My pleas for help (along with many others) where met with deaf ears on the tech support forum, where apparently there was no one there to 'officially' offer help and tech suggestions. Although there where mods there who where more than happy to delete any posts about the no-cd cracks which where neccisary to solve alot of people's problems.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

i bought it at wal mart for about $30 bucks. after reading through the manual several times, searching through walkthroughs and whatnot, i still had a hard time trying to figure out how to play. i found the menus and some of the concepts they used that esoteric.

overal, i rate it a four for concept, and a one for execution.
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

MarkG allowed to say that in this particular thread (waiting for his confirmation post here).
                  this is an authentic MarkG confirmation post
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I played if briefly on my friend's computer. So he paid for it, not I. Dunno what he paid, I suspect around $40.

I'd give it a 2.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I borrowed a copy from a friend who had installed it. Do you mind if I try it. He said whatever, but you'll regret it. I did. I'd give it a zero for implementation and I couldn't rate the concept because I can't tell what they were trying to accomplish. Worse than Civ3, and that amazing because that would be hard to do on purpose. Pathetic waste of my time.

Speaking of which, you shouldn't do this without getting feedback on whether or not people feel it was worth their time. The kind of money these games cost is meaningful to students but it has absolutely no meaning to working adults. Give me a break, I am going to miss 50 bucks?

There would be no way to do a cost/satisfaction comparision on a product this inexpensive unless you constrict the sample to reflect income status. People are always going to complain about costs when a game sucks anyway...and its meaningless.

Comment

Cost somewhere between 50-60 bucks Canadian, didn't pre order.

Rate the game a 1.
                        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dizle
                          Give me a break, I am going to miss 50 bucks?
                          Do you randomly go tossing $50 bills around on the street because you won't miss them?

I don't like wasting money unless I intend to waste it, and I don't like overpaying for crap, regardless of the amount.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Sign me up for $50 too.

I'll even be willing to take payments daily, if you like.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

i didn't buy it, but i played it on a friend's computer. the few hours i had were enough to make me not want to buy it.
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X