Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zed-F
    ? I was talking about MOO1 here....
    Yes, I know and I was responding to what the orignal post was that mentioned both.

He said that SB was no so good to use in Moo1, but was in Moo2.
    I thing it is the other way around.

I use MB in Moo1 to defend and do not in Moo2. Sorry it was hard to follow.

Comment

I agree with vmxa1. The missile bases in MoO 1 are far superior to that of MoO 2. They can be built relatively cheaply, and ships in the early stage are rather easy to blow up. Really, missile bases is the only thing that holds back the computer players during the early stages on the harder levels.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Especially those early mirv missiles can kill quite a few enemy ships. I also found that having a single scout ship in the system often prevents the enemy from simply retreating. They try to get to your scout and your missiles kill them.

If you could fire mirv missiles from missile bases in moo2 they would be equally devastating.

Comment

The trick with a ship in the system only works if the engine speed is low, otherwise it will still retreat.

Sometimes I actually kept an old design (like scout) to have the computer trying to go after it, so that I can nuke him of the sky

Comment

Working...
          X