No announcement yet.

Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to capture two Antaran frigates(the smallest class ship) that were attacking one of my stars. I made a battleship full of assault shuttles and sent it to the star that was going to be attacked and made a save before the turn of the attack.
    During the battle all I did was sending the assault shuttles to capture the ships. Usulally it takes three raids by the shuttles to kill the Antaran marines and capture the ships but they allways explode after capture. I reloaded several times but the effects were always the same.
    Last edited by Sir Og; March 2, 2004, 11:13.
    Quendelie axan!

Comment

If you do it always with the same sequence of actions then you always will get the same rezult. I think this is because the seed of the random generator is saved. You can try skipping turns, firing/not firing on particular turns, and you can find a sequence that leads to normal capturing of the ship(s).
      Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

I have managed to capture an Antaran ship in my last game so now I know first hand that the chance for detonation of the QD is less than 100%.

btw Bakalov are you in Bulgaria or abroad?
        Quendelie axan!

Comment

I'm in BG - work and live in Sofia. My ICQ# is 20457526, if you are interested :-) I'm online from 9.00 to 18.00 usually ...
          Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader

Neutron blaster and death ray will kill marines, but the antaren damper field blocks those effects. But that works against other ships.

Traing your crew does nothing for marine combat. It uses your ground combat values.
            That's the key.

Try to research better hand weapons when you know you won't be using the ship weapon in the same research slot (I usually end up with phasor rifles this way). Also, remember armor effects both ships and troops.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by bakalov
              If you do it always with the same sequence of actions then you always will get the same rezult. I think this is because the seed of the random generator is saved. You can try skipping turns, firing/not firing on particular turns, and you can find a sequence that leads to normal capturing of the ship(s).
              It works the same way when you scrap the ships for tech -- if you're not happy with the results, wait a turn.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
              X