Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gilgamensch
    You can only board, if the shields are down on the side you are trying to board.
    Shields only block transporters, assault shuttles and boarding immobile targets works regardless of shields.
    Also, IIRC even hard shields don't block regular boarding, they just prevent transporting even against downed shields.

Comment

Can't remember, but does the ship not also needs to be immobile?

Comment

For boarding using transporters the enemy ships needs to have its shields down in the direction toward you. They also may not have hard shields.
        For boarding using assault shuttles the enemy may not shoot your shuttles down.
        For other (standard) boarding the enemy ship needs to be 1-3 squares away and immobile, either through battle damage, black hole generator, tractor beam, or it's a star base/battle station/star fortress which are naturally immobile.
        I think that about covers it.

Comment

If you want to immobilize more ships you should spread your weapons accross all the possible slots and this way be able to fire only a few weapons at once. This gives youa better chance to damage the target's engine rather than destroy it entirely.
          Last edited by bakalov; February 24, 2004, 09:06.
          Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamensch

Another thing: There is one weapon, which will kill Marines (again loss of memory ) Use this to decrease the # of enemy Marines before boarding.

Also don't forget to train your crew to a better level they will do a better job
            Neutron blaster and death ray will kill marines, but the antaren damper field blocks those effects. But that works against other ships.

Traing your crew does nothing for marine combat. It uses your ground combat values.
            Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader Neutron blaster and death ray will kill marines, but the antaren damper field blocks those effects.
              No, it doesn't. A ship with a Damper Field will still lose marines to radiation weapons.

Comment

Sure, I have killed antaran marines with neutron blasters. The best way I've found to capture them is by sending a large amount of assault shuttles, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Sparky

No, it doesn't. A ship with a Damper Field will still lose marines to radiation weapons.
                  But it blocks some of the effect right? Because I have used death rays and didn't notice an effect.
                  Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I recall the No of Marines killed is related to the Damage and as Damper Shield takes some Damage away you can indeed say it "blocks some of the effect"
                    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader

But it blocks some of the effect right? Because I have used death rays and didn't notice an effect.
                      Same here, even shooting them down to almost zero structural didn't seem to kill any antaran marines.

Comment

May be you must have some damage increasing specials (like high energy focus)? I can't remember how exactly I did it but I'm sure I did. It is related to the damage per hit.
                        Again it is easier to capture them with assault shuttles.

Comment

Well youa re both right. It USED TO BE, that neutron beams and the death ray would kill antaran troops, but in later versions they changed it so that you couldn't anymore. They made it so that the damper field negates the effects of neutron beams and death rays

Comment

The description of the quantum detonator says that there is 50% chance that it would detonate when the ship is captured. Unfortunately my obsrvations so far are that it detonates 100%.
                            What are your experiances with the QD.
                            Quendelie axan!

Comment

50% sounds like my experience. It is just that it seems to be higher as it is most of the times the last ship surviving which you try to border and you can't manage it, because it explodes

But when you have a stack of 4, around 2 survive.

Comment

If 100% of the captured ships exploded then you just was unlucky :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X