MOO2 Speculation and Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not the only thing.

I do not understand why all of a sudden I could only build one missile base, say, for a planet.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Hey you can build more in Moo3, if you care. Of course it is painful to get to that point.

Comment

Vxma, I can't build more than 1 Fighter Base, Missile Base, or Beam Base in either MOO2 or MOO3.

Back to topic....

I think CTP's query model will help reduce the huge micromanagement of big empires, reducing the tedium a lot in middle and late games.

"easy"? Sure, it makes it easier to have good and fun games, focusing more on other stuff than clickfests building queries in every city or planet or colony if you have 100+ in your empire.
        Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

The main reasons why I like it:

1.) You can concentrate on the real stuff
          2.) You make sure you don't forget anything

But again, might have been to easy and they were afraid, it will shorten to much the game..............

Comment

I thought you could have multiple orbitals in Moo3?

Comment

Gilgamesh, the players won't mind.

They'll have MUCH more time for "next turn" and can play more games, more variety, etc.

Then the developers can include other stuff to lengthen the game if needed.

VXMA, space orbitals yea.... I was talking about Planetary bases. I never am able to build more than 1 Planetary Missile, Fighter, or Beam base in either MOO2 or MOO3. They only let me build 1 each per planet.

But I remember reading the boards a long time ago and someone said there was a "bug" or something that your planetary missile base would destroy ALL enemy ships in MOO2? 100 missile bases?

Could someone clarify that for me please? Thanks!
              Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

MB in Moo2 are good before ships get good engines and armor.
                After Zort, they will probably be ineffective on their own.
                If you have Battlestation and fighter garrison and MB, then it will hold off mid gme ships in small numbers.

Moo1 would allow yo to have as many bases as you could afford. They were very effective, until ship speeds get above 5.
                It all depends on your number of basses and their number and types of ships. They are basically effective the whole game.

Yes, I know that teleporters and such can let them get on you and bust the bases with N-bombs or Plamsa Torps. That should not be allowed and is very late in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign
                  Gilgamesh, the players won't mind.

They'll have MUCH more time for "next turn" and can play more games, more variety, etc.

Then the developers can include other stuff to lengthen the game if needed.

But I remember reading the boards a long time ago and someone said there was a "bug" or something that your planetary missile base would destroy ALL enemy ships in MOO2? 100 missile bases?

Could someone clarify that for me please? Thanks!
                  Hi Sovereign,

Easy one first: Never heard of this kind of bug (and it must have been in MoO not in the second one, you can only have one )

For the build-list:

I have the feeling, what is good and easy get's removed or not being taken over, just to prolong the time of a game.

As players nowadays seems to think (no not all), only a long game is a good game.............

But as you mentioned:

But maybe the producers are afraid:

They will have to MUCH time playing games and getting to quick bored off.........

Comment

Teleporters are fun.

I like to build a huge fleet of small ships with teleporters and big gun to take out the Guardian.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamensch
                      As players nowadays seems to think (no not all), only a long game is a good game.............
                      That's what I don't get. One of the things I like most about Moo and Moo2 is that I can finish a game in a day or two.
                      Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader
                        That's what I don't get. One of the things I like most about Moo and Moo2 is that I can finish a game in a day or two.
                        Or if you wanted to take the painful way, 4 days

But yes, you are right. It shall be up to the player to 'decide' upon.

Comment

I agree that a "blanket queue" would get rid of 90% of the micromanagement in moo2. However, since every planet is different, you'll want to build certain things sooner or later - for example, on one planet you'll want to build a pollution processor before the Robo Miners, but on another you want to build the robo miners first.

Still... My ideal Moo4 would just be Moo2 with more balance and better macromanagement features.

Comment

I could go for that.

Comment

Working...
                            X