Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turn 190-200(or... finally some action!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 190-200(or... finally some action!)

Turn 191:
    Galis gained additional influence via his thugs, and now increases taxes 30%.

Additionally, an autofactory was completed on Tycho 2.

Turn 195: We know possess knowledge of fusion, this has lead to advances in destructive
    capability as well as engine speed.

Molecular compression will be the next research target.

Turn 197:

Our first major space victory occurred 3 hours ago in the Darlenia star system.
    The Rocks used Vela as a stepping stone to get to our homeworld, a ship is on the way to take out their colony.
    Meanwhile the brave warriors on StarStreakIV disabled and captured a Rock Warship, which
    will undoubtedly give us knowledge of Rock capabilities.

Neutron blasters, and shield capacitors were the prize of that battle, as well as 400 credits. Advances in armor piercing weaponry are largely credited with disabling the ship.

Turn 198:
    Another in a string of great victories for HNSS kind! Vela was siezed! Enemy troops were
    seen frantically trying to self destruct several devices, but our powered armor proved too much for them, and we were able to overtake their troops, cut them off and kill them.

We have discovered working plasma cannon models.
    The battleship under construction at Darlenia 2 has had several heavy mass drivers swapped out for a plasma cannon, the ship still possesses 2 AF AP HV mass drivers, and 8 pd AF mass drivers.
    A more formal design will await the defense contractors and the minister of defense.

Turn 200:
    Crisis for HNSS kind, 10 warships are headed towards The Darlenia starSystem.
    10 trooptransports are headed for vela.
    Our warships(all 3) will be present and able to fight the Rock Menace. We may lose vela.

Intelligence reports indicate that the rocks are probably stealing technology from other races, hence why they have plasma cannons,phasors, and dimensional portals.

In our favor however, the enemy has only titanium, electronic computers, and no special warfare weapons like plasma webs.
    Projected enemy casualties based on our ships indicate that we may be able to kill 2 ships per turn. Our Battlestation(if present) will probably be able to make another kill per turn.

Tactical Situation: We can meet the enemy ships in the outlier regions of the system, then retreat, and meet them around a planet on the same turn, shall we do this?

Defense minister, request plans for improved warships based on current technology.
    MOA:
    Tycho is still building on its que.
    Vela1(soon to be overrun unless our powered armor troopers are capable of defeating 10 times their numbers) is producing an autofactory.

Finally, citizens, shall we move to 5 turn terms now that the action is starting to heat up?
    Attached Files

As an aside, I am keeping an archive of all the save turns i'm posting here, and when the game is complete I'll post that.

Fusion Discovery:
    Attached Files

Comment

Combat Preparations:
      The heavy autofire mass driver will be selected to deplete the shields of the enemy craft.
      Attached Files

Comment

The armor piercing Mass drivers are now brought into the fray, and were able to disable the enemy craft.
        Attached Files

Comment

Finally, HNSS marines boarded and siezed the ship.
          Attached Files

Comment

Combat then occurred in the skies above vela.
            Attached Files

Comment

Followed by a ground assault
              Attached Files

Comment

Report from the front lines:
                Attached Files

Comment

The rocks are subbies! Hmmm let's move a few when we get the first chance to do so.

Hit a few ships & run -- sounds like a good plan to me.

I'm not up on the 'board and acquire' tactics and techs -- is there a thread or other set of information that I can check out?

Five or ten turns may not be the decision -- it may be the lump of information affected. If a sizable amount of stuff is going on, then I think it is time for a status check. So I'm ok with going to fewer turns if you feel that should be the case.
                  Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Well in this case capture was just luck. First the af AP mass drivers disabled the enemies engine by luck, then I got close enough(tricky, had to be sneaky about it by going not directly towards him but diagonally towards him so he didn't self destruct), and just boarded his ship.

As for turns I have no preference.

For fighting, They are headed for our homeworld with a substantial fleet. But I am confident that their fleet can be destroyed, expect many picks next time.

And, vela has a rock on it, so that guy is our rock right now.

Comment

Hmm, well I'll go ahead and do the next term at around 5 today, i'll do 10 turns, i'll place 1 heavy plasma cannon on each ship barring any orders from the defense minister, and I'll start grabbing Silicoid systems. Tech research will continue to be directed towards zortium.

Comment

Working...
                      X