Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChristopherC
    Macraig,

Could you please given me instructions simple enough for a six year old boy to understand to modify the characteristics for humanoids to even up the game - and I will then find a six year old boy to implement them for me!
    Christopher:

I could, and I could do better and hand you a file ready-made, except that what I described does anything but "even up" the game, it unbalances it in the opposite direction! Even playing on Impossible it would likely be a bit too much of an advantage to be "fun" for very long.

Nevertheless, if you'd like to start there and then use that as a tool for comparison, I can whip that up in a few minutes. I confess there are times I need nothing less than a full-bore cheat myself, so I can unequivocally kick some alien backside and not break a sweat doing it.

Thinking about it further just now, I could probably lessen the cheat by giving the other races a ton (500+) of race pick points for the AI to apply as it sees fit... assuming the AI races will even use the extra pick points? Assuming they do, giving them extra pick points is a quick and easy way to tweak the relative degree of the advantage given to the Humans with the "R"s in the ability tables.

There's other (more subtle) ways to go about doing this, of course, and I'm no balance genius, just a guy who's been learning what tools and tricks are required to do it. Have you tried any of the existing game-balancing mods? Were they not what you wanted?
    Mark/MAC

Comment

I added a list of mods to your mod request thread that addresses this issue with balancing the races. After applying Bard of Preys Race Balance Mod you will see the Humans on more even footing with the other races. No need to fiddle around yourself and replicate piecemeal the tested work of others. Just download apply and enjoy.

Any other help and I will be hanging around here now as well as at the Atari Moo3 boards.

Hi maccraig. I assume your the same one from the Atari boards?

Regarding a player patch you could combine several mods together to make a type of data patch. However the actual code is beyond our legal reach in the compiled executables. Changing that has legal ramifications for decompiling it.

Comment

Originally posted by Awsric Armitage
        Hi maccraig. I assume your the same one from the Atari boards?
        Yep, it's all me. It would be nice if there was just one forum to monitor, rather than feeling obligated to check three or four; my ADD etc. makes it a challenge just to remember to keep up with one much less several. I've always preferred mailing lists (listserv) myself... anyone in the mood for a MOO III Yahoo Group?

What's worse is that having so many redundant forums actually divides the "community" and its collective knowledge. But no one ever thinks of that; every webmaster seems to think he can do it so much better than the last guy that he just can't help himself....
        Mark/MAC

Comment

Yes, its too bad cause their are a lot of different sites for us gamers to keep aprised of. I actually stopped by Apolyton to put up a request to PBEM for Civ3PTW because I currently have AOL and am trying to play on-line and can not do so. It is something specific to AOL and how they set-up their ports AFAIK at least thats what the readme.txt said.

Thought I would poke my head in here and see what's happening with the Moo3 community over here. Actually linked two discussions about making an actual manual. Should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
          X